A Question For All

SSM

The fact remains that keeping all those "macho" kind of nicknames on the internet doesn't make one a real macho man for real. We have to accept the fact that a number of forum members (I won't be taking names either) have preconceived notions about a particular non-Sikh community or a jathebandi within the Sikh community, and 99% of the time these "ideas in advance" are terribly harsh. The sad part is that such people suffer from a weird kind of "mental phobia" towards these non-Sikh ethnicities or Sikh jathebandis, and at the same time call themselves "lions". Any idea, thought, or word that is microscopically different from their own "closed box mindset" is dealt with as a serious mark of disrespect and sedition towards Sikhi.

It surprises me when I see Sikhs sticking to the "caste system", and at the same time blaming Hinduism for it. Take my word for it, as I am telling you from personal first hand experience- educated Hindus today don't even dream about castes, while a huge majority of our fellow Sikhs, no matter how highly educated, have practically refused to let go of it. There are a number of ways to justify it as a "class" system, but Gurujee has given us a class already- KHALSA. We don't need anything else because nothing is better. Educated and moderate/liberal Muslims today are more accepting than their fanatic co-religionists, whereas a number of educated Sikhs have become hard liners (I said a number of...not all). Unless we don't let go of this attitude, unless we don't learn to atleast listen to what someone else has to say without throwing insults at them just because their viewpoint/ideology differs from our own, we are not going to learn anything. Because to put forward a solid argument/logic at your opponent, you got to know what is going on in his/her head as well. And unless we listen to what they have to say and flatly silence them, sorry to say, we are no different from the frog who lived in the well and refused to believe that the ocean could be bigger than his well.

What Guru Ji ke Khalsa Whai Guru Ji ke Fateh!

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

Mehtab Singh speaks intelligence and truth.

Isnt it so strange how those Sikhs who always talk about non Sikhs, are in many ways full of the worst aspects of those that they spend so much time criticising? Riddled with caste consciousness, and as fanatical and intolerant as a Muslim fundamentalist, but they spend all their time discussing how 'backwards' Hindus and Muslims are! :wub:

I know from others that external parties (journalist, Police and even intelligence) view sikhsangat.com forum from time to time. Even on an internet forum we need to realise that we are representing Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj’s Khalsa and can so easily be collectively judged on what some stupid individuals post on the forum.

I know for a fact that police do monitor Sikh message boards - I was told this by a high ranking Sikh police officer in the West Midlands police force. The next time there is a lynch mob or violence carried out by 'Sikhs' you can be sure that journalists will come online looking for information about what Sikh youth are thinking.

Just imagine for a second that a Somalian is attacked in Southall and a journalist comes here and reads that racist thread and prints what he saw. What image it will give of us. That we are a bunch of fanatical jaanwaars and animals. There have been a series of things ever since the incident at the Birmingham Rep which was beamed around the world. At the time when we need good image and PR because of hate crimes and vulnerability following 9/11 and 7/7 what do we get? A bunch of irresponsible bigots acting like unthinking thugs. no.gif

Guru Fateh