Is American Smart ?

Greater-Punjab

is American Smart

Only 37% of young Americans can find Iraq on a map—though U.S. troops have been there since 2003.

6 in 10 young Americans don't speak a foreign language fluently.

20% of young Americans think Sudan is in Asia. (It's the largest country in Africa.)

48% of young Americans believe the majority population in India is Muslim. (It's Hindu—by a landslide.)

Half of young Americans can't find New York on a map.

Discuss.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dosent sound suprising. Americans are incredibly daft. The biggest american muppet is their leader George Bush who probably couldnt beat a monkey in noughts and crosses.

No weapons of Mass destruction in Iraq, no Bin laden in Afganhastan, Billions of dollors wasted, thousands of lives taken and for what??

Brain washed, polluting, overweight, and selfish THATS WHAT THE REST OF THE WORLD THINKS OF THEM!

Guest Narinder Singh

I agree that a lot of Americans are pretty dumb, but our government doesnt speak for all of Americans, we're divided on many issues and one of them being the war in Iraq. And of course the international media is going to paint and ugly picture of Americans because of the war in Iraq.

There are ultimately two kinds of Americans, the ones who dont know and dont care, and the ones who dont know but do care.

The trend is not with americans only.... most younger generations even in india hardly knows common things. Couple of years back MTV did similar survey around 26 jan (india's republic day) and 90% of college students around country hardly knew basic facts about the day or their national flag,bird,flower and stuff like that. Most answered 26 jan is independence day. But they all knew the latest going on about the movies or songs......

haha LOL.gif cant find new york on da map...haha LOL.gif how bloody stupid

i rekon americans are dumn too just like their president Georgy Porjy Bush

The trend is not with americans only.... most younger generations even in india hardly knows common things. Couple of years back MTV did similar survey around 26 jan (india's republic day) and 90% of college students around country hardly knew basic facts about the day or their national flag,bird,flower and stuff like that. Most answered 26 jan is independence day. But they all knew the latest going on about the movies or songs......

omg really?

they dont even know when independance day is?/???? LOL.gif

grin.gif ki....emiiiiii

all i am saying is that we generalizing thats not good. i'm sure a lot of american's do know a lot....

hmm grin.gif

lol, hor sohn laah

Guest Narinder Singh

grin.gif ki....emiiiiii

all i am saying is that we generalizing thats not good. i'm sure a lot of american's do know a lot....

Yea a lot of us do (otherwise we wouldnt be the most powerful country in the world today)

Americans are good people, with good intentions, we've just been brainwashed and misled in so many ways, just come here and watch our media and news coverage, then you'll understand what im saying.

Americans live inside a bubble, whether thats the fault of our system or the people, hell, most of us dont even have passports to travel to foreign land, no wonder we're so niave!