Sikhism

gurmat

Guest s133k_s1kh

i am doing a project on sikhism for school and i am wondering if sikhism came from islam before hinduism :umm

FATEH!!

I dunno what exactly are you trying to ask. Sikhism came from islam before hinduism ???

Be more specific and clear.

GURFATEH!!!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sikhi did NOT come from any other religion. Sikhi came from Dhur- Waheguru ji. Yes, Sikhi when compared to Islam and Hinduism does have some same qualities, but it is NOT made/or it did not come from any of these faiths.

- daas

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Paaji/BhanJi,

I am saying this politely, if you are doing a project than I would suggest looking at websites dedicated to Sikhism, reading books from the library, and finding factual information. Though, I am not saying we will not give your factual information, but a lot of it will be opinons, and perspective, and that's not what you want, if you want to get a good mark on your "project" If the project asks it for it, than cool, if not than you ain't going to do that well, I am sorry to say. I hope this helps.

GOOOOOOOOD LUCKKKKKKKKKK :TH:

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

It seems you are kinda asking two questions:

1) Which faith did Sikhism arise from?

-Answer: none. The Sri Guru Granth Sahib talks about in LENGTH about the existing faiths at the time, and how they ALL fail to achieve the one purpose of religion: to meditate on the one true God. There is consistant talk about how ALL current faiths are corrupt, by politics or rituals.

2) Which faith is Sikhism closer to?

- Answer: Ik Onkar = there is one god. That is similar to the Islamic Monothesic point of view. But that is where the similarities end.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!