Hell?

Guest jowka

is their a hell in sikhi , cuz some say they aint but in books like bhai rama singh book they talk about jamdhoots and them torturing souls??? is that not hell? what is that then??

im not sure exactly but i've always been taught its all about you karam,

for everything you do good in life you will get a certain amount of time in swarag and for everything bad you do you will have a certain amount of time in 'narak' which i guess is hell.

but sooner or later you come back to earth.. ur aim is to get to sachkhand

bhul chuk maf karni

rolleyes.gif

Vaheguroojeekakhalsa Vaheguroojeekeefateh

You mentioned something about torturing the soul. Wouldn't that be returning to the cycle of Birth and Death. To achieve heaven and peace you would need to merge with Guru Saahib- This is true heaven.

Bull chaak maaph

Vaheguroojeekakhalsa Vaheguroojeekeefateh

From my understanding when guru sahib talks about hell, angels of death (azarael),etc he is talking metaphorically because at the time the gurus, saints and fakirs were addressing muslims and hindus so the terminology is used to talk to them so that they understand the consequences of their actions in their ideological language.

The Sikh position on hell and heaven is all intermixed with the cycle of birth and death. Our hell is what happens in our lives prior this one or next one coming. Or our heaven can be our next stage of the soul if we progress. Law of karma is also involved..

Some people ask what happens to the souls and reincarnation if this planet is destoryed and all life along with it, from what I've read theres millions of galaxies, stars, planets,etc as Guru nanak ji stated so if this planet wont hold life who says other planetary systems wont?

Have you considered consulting learned Gursikhs and respected elders who have spent their lives reading Gurbani and doing Naam Simran which may have allowed them to have first hand experience of various spiritual realms and otherworldly things, rather than anonymous posters on a youth website, whose opinions may have no basis on truth whatsoever?