[salok] Bhagat Kabeer Jeeo Kae

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

ਕਬੀਰ ਮਾਇਆ ਡੋਲਨੀ ਪਵਨੁ ਵਹੈ ਹਿਵ ਧਾਰ ॥

kabeer maa-i-aa dolnee pavan vahai hiv Dhaar

Kabeer, Maya is the butter-churn; the breath flows like ice water.

ਜਿਨਿ ਬਿਲੋਇਆ ਤਿਨਿ ਖਾਇਆ ਅਵਰ ਬਿਲੋਵਨਹਾਰ ॥੧੯॥

jin bilo-i-aa tin khaa-i-aa avar bilovanhaar

Whoever does the churning eats the butter; the others are just churning-sticks.

"maya" = wordly entanglements

"dolnee" - butter churn

"pavan" = breath

"hiv" = icy

"dhaar" = flow

"biloyaa" = churning

"khaaiaa" = eat

"bilovanhaar" = churning-sticks

This Salok continues on from the previous analogy of the butter churn. Bhagat Kabeer Ji teaches us a new fact :D - that by adding ice-water the butter-making process is enhanced.

Bhagat Ji uses this analogy to depict our breaths as being the ice water. From what I understand, this symbolizes the way a Gurmukh perseveres faithfully through life and meditates continuously on Maharaj with every breath. This calm and steadiness is what enhances our souls and allows us to submit ourselves completely to Satguru Ji. In the same way, the purpose of life will be attained, the Butter will be tasted and we will merge with Satguru Ji once in for all.

However if we keep our minds shut to Maharaj's teachings and refuse to listen, we won't get anywhere. We can try, but it won't work. We need to control our minds, or they will keep on churning like the churning sticks, and we will never really get to taste the butter. The point of life is lost and we'll wander in lives and births endlessly, having wasted the chance in front us right now.

It doesn't need to be hard. We could start right now by thinking about Maharaj for at least five minutes instead of letting our minds wander to the pointless arguments which surround us online and in the real world. Instead of making headaches for ourselves, let our minds be seeped in the ice cool water of Maharaj's meditation.

water-drop.jpg

:D:

~l~

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh