Does Sikhism Believe In Karma?

Harmeet Singh

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Sikhism believes in Karma. :TH:

If we believe in Karma then we believe in the caste system, because your caste status is based on yours "Karam's"?

Oh Okay. I did not know that, I appreciate your respone. Although, I always thought the "what goes around, comes around" concept was applied to when it came to "Karma."

:D @

Yes, Sikhism believes in Karma. :TH:

If we believe in Karma then we believe in the caste system, because your caste status is based on yours "Karam's"?

Oh Okay. I did not know that, I appreciate your respone. Although, I always thought the "what goes around, comes around" concept was applied to when it came to "Karma."

:D @

No brother.....I am just asking the question.......I just want to understand what people's thinking is behind Karma in Sikhism.

You are born according to your karam's. Put very simply If you have done good karam then you will be born into a good family if you have done bad karam then you will be born to a poor family or a disfunctional family or a broken family or a whole rast of unfortunate situations etc . "Caste" is just a man made label.

To believe in karam does not mean you believe in caste.

Just remove the word 'caste' and nothing changes, everything carries on as normal. A person may be born to a family that studied the vedas, for example, he may have done some good karams previously, he now studies the vedas. If you do not label him a Brahmin, then life goes on as normal. A person may be born into a family who work with animal hide again if you do not label them chamaars then life goes on.

Karam have nothing to do with caste.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji says "Apay beej apay he khaoe, Nanak hukmee avojao"

What you sow so shall you reap. Simple. This is karam theory at its fundamental.

If you 'beej' Naam then you shall reap untold riches (not just material riches) and happiness.

If you 'beej' badness, are hateful, cheat, lie, eat meat (oops!) then so shall you reap misery and pain and if that means you have to take birth in a poor house where the family have to do meanial jobs to get by then that is what happens, if silly people label the family as Chooray or chamaar then that is a man made lebel.

Karam have nothing to do with caste.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji says "Apay beej apay he khaoe, Nanak hukmee avojao"

What you sow so shall you reap. Simple. This is karam theory at its fundamental.

If you 'beej' Naam then you shall reap untold riches (not just material riches) and happiness.

If you 'beej' badness, are hateful, cheat, lie, eat meat (oops!) then so shall you reap misery and pain and if that means you have to take birth in a poor house where the family have to do meanial jobs to get by then that is what happens, if silly people label the family as Chooray or chamaar then that is a man made lebel.

Wah ji Wah, some good Gurbani there! d_oh.gif :TH:

thats a hindu concept.

so we don't believe in Karam's? ...and people whoo say Sikh's believe in Karams are Hindu's?
please explain to me what in my blue pajamaa does the caste system have do with karma? grin.gif