This Sounds Embarassing

Is your current language english or punjabi?

You don't ave to learn punjabi if you don't want too, but you can if you want!

Just do what feels good to you.

But it's nice if he can try to converse with the panjabis too. It's a personal choice.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol lionchild, its ok that you dont want to learn punjabi/gurmukhi, and think it's OK being an outsider to not learn, but if u dont want to dont. Should you? Yes.

I believe Pritam khalsa tried learning or knows a little punjabi?

Big deal though, you will never truly understand the real meaning of gurbani without reading it, how it was originally written. But i can tell as it's not your language it may be hard learning it, but that doesn't mean you don't try, and change the whole meaning of it. Say I don't want to learn it, don't say it's not necessary to learn it. Use more I, than generalizing rules or setting out "what should be done"

If someone asks you something, use I do this, I do that, not, We should, we are not always right, if you are doing something that is acceptable by majority you can say we, but if majority says we should learn gurmukhi, then say I think we shouldn't . (I am refering to the other topic started a few days ago that asks if its necessary or not most ppl said it is/should be learned)

If ur female, then ur father in law's brother = patyora

and father in law's brother's wife = patiece

how many people knew that! hehehe!

woah ohmy.gif

i didnt bout patyora.....u made it up yourself right? :D

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA
I believe Pritam khalsa tried learning or knows a little punjabi?

I am actually almost at the point to start full recital from the Gurmukhi script. My goal is to invite Sri Guru Granth Sahib into my home. GuruJis room has been ready for a longtime, and my learning was the only thing holding me back. I read slow obviously but at first I couldnt understand one character of the script. I once had a little kid sorta make me feel stupid after he was saying how simple it is to read. Now that I have gutkas in strict Gurmukhi I actually remember the little Singh because the scrpit is pretty easy to learn if I can. A few guys I know have seen me reading from the Gurmukhi script and they were trippin out. They didnt see me in a few years and they were like "whoa" you know another language etc.

I have all the basics down and just need to get more fluent (which takes time & effort) Not trying means you will never know.

I can read most that I see, I just need to start a broader Gurmukhi vocabulary, then the other oral languages within SGGS.

You dont have an authoritive figure that makes you learn but it would be strange for you to go vote without being able to read the ballot.

SatNam

Guest s133k_s1kh
If ur female, then ur father in law's brother = patyora

and father in law's brother's wife = patiece

how many people knew that! hehehe!

FATEH!!

I Knew PATYORA :@ . The names that we all have written don't complete the list yet but as Khalsa Fauj said this is confusing stuff so ye we shouldn't go into that.

For the people who already know the above names { This is a Punjabi Culture thing, nothing to do with Sikhism d_oh.gif }

1. If you are a female >> your husband's elder brother -- Jeth ; Jeth's wife -- Jethani

2. If you are a female >> your husband's younger brother -- Deor ; Deor's wife -- Da-rani

3. If you are a female >> your husband's sister -- Na-nan ; Na-nan's hubby -- Pa-rauna ( i heard this in the pind) PS: Pa-raune is guests and Pa-rauna is the above mentioned guy.

4. If you are a male >> your wife's sister -- Sali ; Sali's hubby -- Saadu (Saa-Do)

5. If you are a male >> your wife's brother -- <admin-profanity filter activated>

6. If you are a male >> your sister's hubby -- Jija { Presonally i dont like <admin-profanity filter activated>,sali and jija :D }

7. If you are a male >> your sister-in-law -- Bhar-jaayi or Bhabi

8. If you are a female >> you are your father-in-laws ( mother-in-laws ) -- Nu (Nuh)

9. If you are a male >> you are your father-in-laws ( mother-in-laws) -- Jawai ( Ja-wa-ee)

There are more but i can't recall them. ye ye one more

If you are a SIKH >> Indra Gandhi -- K U T T I <_<

Bhul Chuk Maaf

GURU RAKHA !!