Pray!

Guest Leaner!

morning: japji sahib, jaap sahib, tav prasaad saweiaye, benti choupai, anand sahib.

evening: rehraas sahib

night: keertan sohila.

ofcourse one do as many banian as they like, but this is considered minimum.

it is very important that we pronounce the words correctly. out guru's have put a lot of importance on this. so take sunthia, its where they teach you how to pronounce words correctly. :TH:

Guest Leaner!

morning: japji sahib, jaap sahib, tav prasaad saweiaye, benti choupai, anand sahib.

evening: rehraas sahib

night: keertan sohila.

ofcourse one do as many banian as they like, but this is considered minimum.

it is very important that we pronounce the words correctly. out guru's have put a lot of importance on this. so take sunthia, its where they teach you how to pronounce words correctly. :TH:

Do I do it in the order listed above? and When can the Ardas be done?

Guest s133k_s1kh

Do I do it in the order listed above? and When can the Ardas be done?

FATEH!!!

When you do it from the GUTKA, they appear in the order as listed above by Papi. So its always easier to do it that way.

Ardaas is done after the morning banis and evening banis.

Correct me if i am wrong.

GURU RAKHA!!

Wjkk Wjkf

yupp...after the morning banian, and after the afternoon bani which is rehras....in fact rehras and ardas are considered the afternoon banian....and then i think you do an ardas after keertan sohila, don't you?...and anwyas...lmao papi veerji basically said it all rolleyes.gif ...and yeahh....pronouncing bani is VERRRRYYYY important...its GURBANI...written by our guru's....very important mann...lol...and yeah....but hey....if you want to....then learn how to read gurmukhi :D it'll be wayyy easier trust me lol....it'll take time buh its better if you do....just a lil suggestion blush.gif ...bhul chuk muaf

Wjkk Wjkf

Reading gurmukhi can be on of the most difficult things out there to do. For a learner, Jaap Sahib is extremely difficult because of the words. In the beggining, Nitnem will take you anywhere from an hour to two. It took me two hours when i first started. But never stop practising, its with practise that you improve.

Bull chaak maaauf karnee.

Vahegurujikakhalsa, Vahegurujikifateh

may i suggest u listen to it

not just at the prescribed times

BUT all the time

listen to 5 baniaa and rehraas na d sohila as many times a day as possible

and then within no time, not only will you be able to read the baniaa, u will also have them kanth

^ Yeah, you can do that. What you can do is put on a tape of the bani you are about to read, and pronouce it along with the tape. It would improve your pronounication, and vocabulary. Its' hard to pronouce it properly when you first begin, but everything takes time you know. I hope everything goes along fine with you. :TH: