Fed Up Of Halaal Meat ?

Sukvinder

As a sikh im sure you are all aware that halal or kosher meat is forbidden. Im am getting so fed up of more and more fast food places declaring themselves as "halal approved" places. Surely theese places should give us a choice? Im finding all my local fast food joints now only serve halal meat, and its getting harder and harder to get non halal meat! Are any sikhs here bothered by these problems? Are you all strict as me about eating halaal meat?

Sukhvinder Singh

yeah...i've noticd this trend developing in N/A too

i'm not a meat-eater, but i've noticed more places becoming halal-approved...or whatever

the important thing is that if you're gonna eat meat, you should probably follow the guidelines that you are supposed to as well... for example, correct me if i'm wrong, but most meat eatrs just go and eat meat from wherever, without checking if the animal was killed in one stroke so as to minimize pain and suffering... i don't know if many meat-eaters follow that practice, or if they're simply satisfied as long as the meat's not halal.

but i have noticed this trend to halal-approved establishments

As a sikh im sure you are all aware that halal or kosher meat is forbidden. Im am getting so fed up of more and more fast food places declaring themselves as "halal approved" places. Surely theese places should give us a choice? Im finding all my local fast food joints now only serve halal meat, and its getting harder and harder to get non halal meat! Are any sikhs here bothered by these problems? Are you all strict as me about eating halaal meat?

Sukhvinder Singh

i'm just curious, why only halal meat? grin.gif :D

Guest s133k_s1kh

Good that fast food joints are serving halal meat, atleast it made you think. These are the signals GOD is giving you to quit meat. Some people understand the HUKAM of the GURU and some look for alternatives to satisfy their appetite for meat...Sukhvinder bai now you decide what you want to do :TH:

Your complaining because you cant find the right type of meat?.

Would you like the animal you eat too be killed and treated like this,

http://www.ciwf.org.uk/investigations/footage.shtml

or this,

http://www.ciwf.org.uk/investigations/archive.shtml

There both so peaceful ways to die arent they? and im sure they make a nice burger for you to enjoy.

Your complaining because you cant find the right type of meat?.

Would you like the animal you eat too be killed and treated like this,

http://www.ciwf.org.uk/investigations/footage.shtml

or this,

http://www.ciwf.org.uk/investigations/archive.shtml

There both so peaceful ways to die arent they? and im sure they make a nice burger for you to enjoy.

o waheguru :'( :'( that video is no.gif made me :D almost.

i'd rather starve to death than eat another being.

I know that a lot of you are against eating meat at all, and this is quite a contreversial topic in sikhism. I do not follow sikhism very strictly as I do eat meat sometimes. i think that this is somewhat a personal choice in Sikhism if you eat meat or not. But im sure its quite clear in Sikhism that halal or kosher meat is definately off the menu.

How many of those who do choose to eat meat follow this rule strictly?

I really think there should be more choice given to us as to which meat is available, and at the very least it should be clearly shown what we are eating. If I had my way I would put an outright ban on halaal and kosher meat.

from what i understand, it's one thing that halal isn't allowed, but from my understanding, according to the maryada of SGPC....the only meat that IS allowed is meat that is killed a la jhatka...

what fast-food joint kills meat using that method? considering the fact that most major fast food joints own their own slaughterhouses, i'd assume not many!