Relationships

singhsingh21

you had a gf and her parents did not like you because you was too religious would you still get your parents to ask she girls family?

Hi friend.

Unfortunately we have some religious extremists here who seem to equate having a girlfriend with Kaam or Lust. Unfortunately, these people themselves have dirty filthy minds.

Nothing wrong with having a female friend whom you want to marry.

These religious fanatics seem to confuse the Indian custom of arranged marriage with Sikhism. The two are not interchangable. Custom has dictated that we follow arraged marriage, and not Sikhism. Sikhism, states so long as you are not guided by Kaam, Krodh, Moh, Lobh and Hankaar, you are free to make decisions and will be guided by Waheguru.

As for her parents....they sound pretty narrow minded to me. If they think you are too religious, then that is their problem. I hop you both have a happy life together......God has brought you together, and you must together make a sensible decision for your next step.

Best of Luck

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

singhsingh21, i'm guessing you want to marry this person but the thought of her parents denying your request is stopping you from asking. hahahaha oh yaar rather than make an issue here, diverting all the youths attention to one of these relationships threads again, why don't you just ask them. If you get slapped, chalo i'm sure it was meant to be, so accept it and get on with your life. Obvioulsy learn from it :D

I feel bad writing this post since i'm bumping it back up.

oh and i hope this bibi isn't a girlfriend by stereotypical definition.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh