Sampath Path

sgurbir

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Je ke Fateh

'Japo_Taa_Eko_Naamaa ' could you answer my other questions too before I reply to you completely?

Where have our Guru Sahiban introduced this practice, I mean they could've done but never did why?

The answer is nowhere and you will not find any reference at all in Sikh History. This is a design of babas and deras sants,similar to what;s been happenning for centuries in the hindu religion where the brahmins practice sampat of geeta etc. the dera vale have taken this practice on to SGGS. I have nothing against it they can carry on doing it but what I don't understand is where does it say from our Sikh history to do this??

P.S.

I'm not against reading bani, infact one should read, understand and live by it. Why do we do it the bramhmin way , geeta puja way is what i don't understand, perhaps the people who promote this ideology ask their baabas and respond and explain.

GurFateh Jee

'sall', i did not mean any offence to you, i just said that it doesnt say anywhere that it is forbiden to do it and it doesnt say anywhere to do it, so seeing as it is baani, you can do it because its not forbidden to read any baani.

bhul chuk maaf karna

and the akaal takht has messed up, dont know what has happened to it after 84...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Akaal Takhath Rehit Maryada contains basic principles, it is not all encompassing. As I understand it, Akaal Takhath Rehit Maryada does not ban reading of additional Bani - so my support Sampaath is not an attack on Akaal Takhath.

GurSikhs of Jeevan and Abhiyaas have carried out/arranged Sampaaths, such as Nanaksar-wale Mahapursh, Mastuana-wale Mahapursh, Harkhowaal-wale Mahapursh, Rara Sahib-wale Mahapursh, Kericho-wale Mahapursh, Nihang-JathaeBandia and Damdami Taksaal-wale Mahapursh (I believe). Bhai Rama Singh Jee, a past Jathedaar of AKJ UK, says in his book that Sampaaths are one of the most beneficial ways of gaining laaha and understanding the essence of Bani.

I think youth should take their advice and understanding of Sikhi from such jeevan wale GurSikhs.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo