Should I Go To The Prom?

exactly. wahegurooo I cant forget the experience on a homecoming event at our school, crazy gora people. I am not wasting my money on prom. Just eat with mummy daddy at a restuerant. Yeah dont go man its crazy party stuff that sikhs shud stay away from. I cant belive my teacher asked me to go to the homecoming and experience new things nonono.gif

Dont bother. I didnt go to my prom i dont regret it. Besides lets get real, the prom is just an excuse for teh girls to wear short tight skirts, and for teh boys to do there 'pimping'. People without a doubt will be drinking alcohol, as well as drugs. We all know what happens with the 'bumping and teh grinding'.

Its a waste of time, waste of money and just plain wasteful. And youve said it yourself that your going to please your friends. Would you jump of a cliff to please your friends? (cliche) The fact that your asking the question goes to show that you deep down do not want to go.

exactly. wahegurooo I cant forget the experience on a homecoming event at our school, crazy gora people. I am not wasting my money on prom. Just eat with mummy daddy at a restuerant. Yeah dont go man its crazy party stuff that sikhs shud stay away from. I cant belive my teacher asked me to go to the homecoming and experience new things nonono.gif

Dont bother. I didnt go to my prom i dont regret it. Besides lets get real, the prom is just an excuse for teh girls to wear short tight skirts, and for teh boys to do there 'pimping'. People without a doubt will be drinking alcohol, as well as drugs. We all know what happens with the 'bumping and teh grinding'.

Its a waste of time, waste of money and just plain wasteful. And youve said it yourself that your going to please your friends. Would you jump of a cliff to please your friends? (cliche) The fact that your asking the question goes to show that you deep down do not want to go.

ohmy.gif wooooow u guys live in messed up areas or know messed up ppl or i know real nice ppl and am naive blush.gif

so live in a cave and isolate yourself from the world.. lol..

Proms are meant for you to go and have fun. Did the guru's say we cant have fun? Just remember the creator of all during these times. I would say go but also do simran.

Its so easy to sit at home alone and do simran where there are no distractions..

Its hard to go school/prom/event and do simran..

Take the easy route? or the harrd?..

Go, have Fun, be safee :D

Thanks for all your advice so far, But like i said, its disturbing when i hear these songs or the smell of meat...

what do you think? i could spend my time with my friends whenever i want out of school, and yes i think there might be drunk people there.

what now

Smell won't "kill" you until your heart is "clean".. songs won't "kill" you untill you ears are "clean"...

i hope you get what i meant...

nah, u no what it is, the smell of meat is disgusting, everytime i go to asda by the milk aisle the fish stinks like hell, so i cover my nose up with my coat an every1 luks, an i'm like 'what?!?! IT STINKS!!!'. and with the songs, the rythm gets stuk in my hed then the words come along, its hard for me at the moment, i just cant concentrate on simran in an evironment like that, an wht am i gna get out of it anyway? except for gossiping with friends and havin a fun time whereas i could be concentrating on guru jee or sittin at an akhand paath! i dunno... wacko.gifno.gif

if you think going prom is gonna help your jeeven then go but the chances are it wont

bani tells us to stay away from people like that

kbIr swkq sMgu n kIjIAY dUrih jweIAY Bwig ] bwsnu kwro prsIAY qau kCu lwgY dwgu ]131]

Kabeer, do not associate with the faithless cynics; run far away from them. If you touch a vessel stained with soot, some of the soot will stick to you.

JUTY kI ry JUTu prIiq CutkI ry mn CutkI ry swkq sMig n CutkI ry ]1] rhwau ]

Turn away, O my mind, turn away. Turn away from the faithless cynic. False is the love of the false one; break the ties, O my mind, and your ties shall be broken. Break your ties with the faithless cynic.

as for music

myry mohn sRvnI ieh n sunwey ] swkq gIq nwd Duin gwvq bolq bol Ajwey ]1] rhwau ]

O my fascinating Lord, may I never listen to the faithless cynic, singing his songs and tunes, and chanting his useless words.