Interpretations

Guest Guest

i have noticed that unfortunatley many of us will intepret gurbani to support our own views rather then using gurbani to make our views.

for example, i came across an email recently which was using gurbani to try and show that a certain rehit is not gurmat and is pakhand.

however all of the gurbani tuks had been totally taken out of context and not looked at from a neutral view point.

if i get time i will post these tuks at a later date and discuss with the sangat the true meaning of them but i think that all of us (myself included) should read gurbani disregarding any of our own "peronsal" opinions of what is rite or wrong, and purely rely on gurbani.

also we should be careful that the interpretation we draw from gurbani is not in any way belittling great gurmukhs of the past, because why would gurmukhs be going against gurbani?

let us hope maharaaj can bless us with true sojhi of gurbani, and if we dont understand let us try and consult with older singhs/singhniaa who i am sure would be happy to help us see the gurbani from a more neutral view point

sorry if my post has offended anybody.

yours sincerly

:D