Rehras Sahib

Guest Crazy Student Life

I THINK that listening to it is completely fine

in some cases your mind may wonder but the same can happen when your reciting it.

i prefer listeining to bani sometimes, also this will help in your prononciation, as long you are listeing to a trak of someone hu has shudh prononouncaition of course

but then, rehraas is not one of the harder banis to memorise, so i suggest that this is your best option

try listenting to it wheneva ur free, 10 times a day maybe

for a few weeks ull knwo it in no time

• 1 year later...
Guest _bkaur_
Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguroo Ji Ke Fateh

I need some advice about doing my Rehras Sahib.

Okay, well I go to school, full-time student. My school is quite far from where I live. Usually I do my Rehras in my room by myself, at approx 5:45. However, this semester my classes don’t end till late, and I usually end up at home around 10.

Up to this point, I just post-pone my Rehras till 10 p.m. However I was sitting at school and wondering “why can’t I just do my Rehras at school in a room or a corner.” Then I realized I don’t know my Rehras off by heart.

Then I thought okay, well I have a Rehras track on iPod, why not just listen to it, but then I was like wait, I’m going to totally start to wander off because I’m not saying it.

Then I decided that maybe I should carry a mini Gutaka. But, it’s going to be in my bag, and sometimes I have to place my bag on the floor, and take it into the bathroom etc.

So what should I do?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

First of all, I would suggest that you try and learn Rehraas Sahib by heart, meanwhile you can listen and READ it on your Ipod. All you have to do is download the Video of Rehraas Sahib with line by line (or long Rehraas) translations where you can listen and read along as you go. You can download the video at www.rajkaregakhalsa.net or www.sikhee.com

good luck!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

I listen to it from my phone, my pc, my car, whenever Im around any three, I learned it from my phone when I go to sleep, just play it and close my eyes.

It does help, however reading from a gutka your mind doesnt drift that much.