Need Help!

Guest Raman

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh...

My computer has been switching itself of Randomly for the last couple of weeks now... but its really getting really bad now.. keep switching off every 15-20mins, the computer either switches off... restarts itself or the monitor turns off.. and the only way 2 switch the monitor back on is by restarting the computer... when i try to switch it back on (the monitor) it says 'connection not found or cable disconected... but iv checked it all and its fine...

can anyone help...?... or tell me whats happening to my computer lol.. seems like its got some next level mind of its own

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Sounds either:

your power connections are loose... (double check them!) that includes the cable to the computer, the plugin, the powerbar, anything.

or worst case, you have a short in your computer, that something touches the sides and shorts out and shuts down the computer.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

yh i checked them all... but it still happening... not as freqwent as before... but yh its still happening. what would expain my monitor randomly tuning off?... what can i do to fix the probmlem?... i dont want to spend to much money because im planing to get a new computer anyway...

Vaheguru Ji Ka Kahlsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

yh i did... i installed all the drivers that were on the CD that came with the computer.. iv even tryed reformating my computer (dont know why) but the problems still keeps happening

what do i do now?

Vaheguru Ji Ka Kahlsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Trust me, its a power short issue. The ONLY solution is to find out what is causing it...

Either:

1. Your fans arn't working, so it overheats and shuts itself down

2. Something inside the computer is loose, so it shorts

3. Your motherboard is touching the outside of your computer a little, so when it shakes, it touches it and shorts

4. Your power cables are loose.

There really isn't any "easy" way to fix it. If its a loose power connection, you gotta tighten it... no way around it.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji KI Fateh!

Iv checked all the power cables... there all fine

I cant touch the motherboard

nothing seems to be the loose in the computer (just a mashed up dvd rom)

and the fans.... the processer fans making abit of noice (so i think that might be the problem... ) ill get it changed and see how it goes

thanks for everyones help...

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

when ever pc hardware stops just try ur friends wire before buying new one .... call ur friend take is monitor attach it with ur pc and run and see if problem is there if yes its software problem if no its hardware problem .... install new pirated software or get new monitor ....

or call ajmeri baba ...

(sorry about the late reply, my computers really been messing up)

yh... good idea... will do that... if my mate(s) let me borrow their monitor... worth a shot

try this it might work.

---------

on xp

right click on 'my computer' then click 'properties' then on 'advanced' then on 'settings' under 'startup and recovery' and un-check the 'automatically restart' under 'system failure'

---------

on Vista

right click on 'computer' then click 'properties' then on 'advanced system settings' then on 'startup and recovery' and un-check the automatically restart under 'system failure'.

----------

also check out your event viewer and see if there is any errors

right click on 'my computer' then click 'manage'

on the left under 'system tools' is 'event viewer'

-------------

also it can be that u'r power supply is going bad. try to unplug some of the devices(like dvd-rom, cd-rom) from the power supply.

what kind graphic card do you have?