I Need Help

Guest SCARED

Guest SCARED

wahegure je ka khalsa waheguru je ka fateh

lately i've been prayig more then usually and something weird is happening. i can't explain it but really really bad thoughts are coming into my mind. these thoughts are sooooooo bad i im shocked my mind can create things like this.

imreally beginning to hate myself. everyday i try to pray or pray i silly bad thoughts enter my mind.

im constantly having to hav this battle with my mind where im japing naam to overide them. i jus think i can't take it no more.

i feel like these bad thoughts are taking over my mind. i fin myself hitting myself to stop them coming. i feel like hitting a hammer on my head or banging it against the wall,. ive been doing ardaas asking for these bad thoughts to stop.

i no im not a bad person so why am i thinking like this. i've talked to people bout thi sand they said its evil trying to stop u from praying.

when i was doing nitem naam i even saw something. i can't take it no more.

I WANT MY PEACE OF MIND BACK. i was sucha peaceful person last week and i had such peace in my mind i want that back. im scared im not gonna get it back. im scared cus i know im going to ave to repent for all these thoughts but i feel like they're not my thoughts but someone else's. its not fair why is this happening. i finally reached a place in my life wher i was at

bliss and harmony and now this is happenning. IM SO SCARED IM GOING TO HAVE TO REPENT BUT I DON'T WANT THESE THOUGHTS IN THE FIRST PLACE. I KEEP ASKING FOR FORGIVNESS FROM GOD. I FEEL LIKE SUCH A PAAPI PERSON. ohmy.gif

wahegure je ka khalsa waheguru je ka fateh

waheguruji!

m not much of a knower..but erm..i just read last week..in some jeevani of a mahapurash .....guruji says in the pauri of japji sahib...bhariyai matt paapaan kei sang..oh dhhopei naavei k rang.....

it was written in the jeevani that when a dirty cloth is washed, it is rub with a soap at first... the dirt comes up...but does not leave the cloth..it needs water to wash it away.....

in the same way...when we recite naam our thoughts -bad thoughts, come out...but it needs even more naam to wash them away....

try to notice sometime....

whenever we see something that i not considered good to be seen...or like hear sth. that is not considered good to hear... we remember the naam or anything related to it....

waheguruji!

i don't really know much....pleez pleez forgive me for any mistake commited while writing....waheguruji!

dont let the bad thoughts stop you from doing paath, infact that should be your fuel to do more path :)

at times in our spiritual jeevan, guruji makes us experience us many different things, they are in turn suppose to help you in sikhi.

look at it this way, if these bad thoughts are gone, would you do as much paath as you do now?? :)

rest all if left to guruji, do ardaas that guruji maya is trying to take me off your path, please help me as i dont have any power against this all powerful maya.

guru kirpa karey veer.

when we do simran,seva, sangat...and read gurbani, do kirtan...trying to clean the layers of dirt we have accumulated...after each layer is discarded, the layer of dirt (paap from past lives) becomes exposed...we can't do anything about that...that is why people on the spiritual path, will sometimes feel great at times, and then feel really low at times...and have difficulty cocentrating...but take comfort in knowing that this is a natural process in spiritual progression..the key is to not let these thoughts take power...cuz if you do, then instead of letting them pass and going down to the next layer...you'll make these thoughts stronger..and you'll either be stuck there or be lead astray off the path...trust me...it's a HARD HARD THING to over come...

that is why for the spiritual aspirant sadh sangat is necessary all the time...cuz we don't know what layers of paap and lower thoughts we have..we don't know what our mind could come up with next, hence we need the perpetual love and guidance of the sadh sangat....so my suggestion would be to go to any sadh sangat in your area...sit in guru ji's hazoori with fellow gursikhs, listen to the kirtan, do seva (hathaan di seva)...that will bring peace...

Guest Guest

The only thing that helps is Bani ! If you just can't get yourself to do it, at least start listening to it while you're working. Where do you find your mind wandering the most - school? Or at home on the computer? Or at work? Depending on this, listen to Bani during those time periods. Try listening to Sukhmani Sahib and Jap ji sahib also really really helps.

Guest -Singh-

Yeh, like Singh's/Penji's before me have said, do more Naam and Bani and try to keep Naam in your life 24/7, and do alot of mool-mantar when your scared but do it with alot of meaning and deep breath and take your time...also if you have bad/kaami/karodhi company then please try to stay away from them for a short time and/or try to ignore them. Go to the gurdwara and listen to Kirtan and Katha, they can be sooo inspiring when were feeling down and scared; and beg for Guru Ji to forgive you and help you get rid of your bad thoughts, i'm sure if you ask for this with a clean mind that Baba Ji will bless you. It works EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Guest _Veer_

It's not just you. These kinds of things happen in almost everybody's life. The best way to stop these evil thoughts from entering your mind is to go to Sangat. Sangat of Waheguru where only kirtan is done (no politics or anything). Once you'll start going into sangat and would do kirtan and simran along with sangat, slowly and slowly your mind is going to start learning how to calm itself down. Start reading nice books written by Sants like Sant Niranjan Singh Ji and others before going to bed. Basically you have to change the lifestyle your are living with in order to control your mind.