Double Standards In Sikhi

I have answered your question dear brother, but you are blind not to see the answer.

You came across a few families and you called it double standards.

I have talked about many families in villages back home where sons shun their kes and daughter dont. Waht would you say about that ??

and topic of your thread sends a wrong message. There are no double standards in Sikhi, its the people who have double standards.

If you came across a few families where women cut hair that dont represent the whole sikh community.

How old are you Punjabi_link veer ?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the answer is quite simple really, its not ok as per sikhi to cut hair be it male or female. but people still do it, its their personal decision thats all.

but you already knew that rolleyes.gif

Then why Sikh males are look down on when they cut their hair while Sikhs girls are not? Keep in mind that I am also referring to girls who shaving their legs and do their eyebrows as well.

the answer is quite simple really, its not ok as per sikhi to cut hair be it male or female. but people still do it, its their personal decision thats all.

Then why Sikh males are look down on when they cut their hair while Sikhs girls are not? Keep in mind that I am also referring to girls shaving their legs and doing their eyebrows as well.

you should shave your legs and do your eyebrows if you want . may be then thy wont look down on you :):) .

A sikh doesn't bother about what people say to him/her. All a sikh does is follow the path laid down by our gurus. So stop worrying about the world around you do and follow the true path.

I have answered your question dear brother, but you are blind not to see the answer.

You came across a few families and you called it double standards.

I have talked about many families in villages back home where sons shun their kes and daughter dont. Waht would you say about that ??

and topic of your thread sends a wrong message. There are no double standards in Sikhi, its the people who have double standards.

If you came across a few families where women cut hair that dont represent the whole sikh community.

How old are you Punjabi_link veer ?

LOL

Fair enough. But I never heard or met a sikh woman (non-amritdhari) that never cut her hair (this includes shaving legs, doing eyebrows etc...) before.

Oh yeah, check my profile for my age.

Then why Sikh males are look down on when they cut their hair while Sikhs girls are not? Keep in mind that I am also referring to girls shaving their legs and doing their eyebrows as well.

you should shave your legs and do your eyebrows if you want . may be then thy wont look down on you :):) .

:cool:

umm okay.... rolleyes.gif

Fair enough. But I never heard or met a sikh woman (non-amritdhari) that never cut her hair (this includes shaving legs, doing eyebrows etc...) before.

I haven't come across god either that don't mean god doesn't exist.

But yeah there are non-amritdhari women who are far away from this superficial fashion world and don't cut hair (that includes not shaving legs or doing eyebrows).

It says you were born in 1908 wacko.gif

Since we are talking about double standards in this thread, I like to ask is why are Sikh women not allowed to do kirtan and seva (I think) in Harimandir Sahib?
well since sgpc made that ruling, you should go ask them as only they can tell you the real reason behind it.

Since we are talking about double standards in this thread, I like to ask is why are Sikh women not allowed to do kirtan and seva (I think) in Harimandir Sahib?
well since sgpc made that ruling, you should go ask them as only they can tell you the real reason behind it.

Weren't you the one quoting the SGPC rehat in the beginning of this thread? LOL.gif