Paranoid?

Guest ...

Guest Guest

hahaha u guys r hilarious

people dont look at me in a horrible way, i dont think they mean to stare

i dunno, ive just had quite a few people doing it n its starting to make me more self conscious.

to the person who said i should start doing exercise n kirtan:

i am a fitness freeeeak! and i love doing kirtan, but nothing gives me confidence.

sitargirl bhenj, its not about my keski, coz wen u go to programs, everyone is wearing a keski or dumalla etc. im no different to anyone else! and punjabi people just ignore me which suits me perfectly

i dont have the guts to smile at people, or talk to them (ask them what theyre looking at) if i dont know them

sometimes i have trouble talking to people that i 'know' (do they remember me? should i talk to them? are they gonna blank me?) lolll

pathetic i know, dont ask why.

staring really really gets to me, i start to think: have i got something on my face, or have i gone red, or am i talking too loudly, or have i just said something stupid or offended someone. man i think too muchhhh

yeah thats about it. rant over.

Guest _Someone_
As a teenager it is almost natural to go through stages of feeling overtly conscious of yourself. Although at the same time if you feel that you have low-self image this is something you need to address.

You could improve your own self image by improving yourself and making acheivements in life in areas that interest you - for example you could start a daily fitness regime to get in shape (in my opinion this would be the best idea), take up learning an instrument (Vaja, Tabla etc), new sport, hobby, etc. Many people have said that making achievements in these types of areas have improved their self confidence and given themselves a more positive impression of themselves.

Dear bhenji,

Please correct me if I am wrong but it seems the paranoia you feel when people look at you really comes from the fact that (as you have very intelligently commented on yourself) you suffer from low self esteem. I think if you address this issue then it will make a lot of difference in all aspects of your life including your 'paranoia' of people staring (although I dont believe this is paranoia as it is an unfortunate habit our punjabi people have!)

First of all if you do have low self esteem then you are NOT alone! I have noticed that a lot of us Sikh girls suffer from low self esteem and certain insecurities. I'm not sure why but this is very much the case...

Remember bhenji, you are unique and special! I know it sounds cliche but it is true... Maharaj gave us all different DNA and fingerprints and He spent His time lovingly creating each and every one of us, so how can we not be special??

The advice the bhaaji/bhenji gave above about improving our self worth and self image is really good, so give it a go! It wont do you any harm plus you'll learn a new skill and that's always a positive!

I would add that maybe you should try and step up things on the seva front. Doing selfless service with our hands, helping others and perhaps working with people who are not so well off as ourselves really is refreshing and it helps put things into perspective.

Finally I would say that you should do ardaas to Maharaj. Ask him to give you the confidence to live your life to the greatest potential you can. Maharaj is so Beant and we are blessed with His kirpa everyday. If you ask him to help you stop feeling so low about yourself i'm sure he will guide you into growing into the confident, beautiful Singhni you are destined to be!

I hope I have helped in some way bhenji, please forgive me if I have said anything out of line.

May Guru Ji bless you! :umm:

As a teenager it is almost natural to go through stages of feeling overtly conscious of yourself. Although at the same time if you feel that you have low-self image this is something you need to address.

You could improve your own self image by improving yourself and making acheivements in life in areas that interest you - for example you could start a daily fitness regime to get in shape (in my opinion this would be the best idea), take up learning an instrument (Vaja, Tabla etc), new sport, hobby, etc. Many people have said that making achievements in these types of areas have improved their self confidence and given themselves a more positive impression of themselves.

Dear bhenji,

Please correct me if I am wrong but it seems the paranoia you feel when people look at you really comes from the fact that (as you have very intelligently commented on yourself) you suffer from low self esteem. I think if you address this issue then it will make a lot of difference in all aspects of your life including your 'paranoia' of people staring (although I dont believe this is paranoia as it is an unfortunate habit our punjabi people have!)

First of all if you do have low self esteem then you are NOT alone! I have noticed that a lot of us Sikh girls suffer from low self esteem and certain insecurities. I'm not sure why but this is very much the case...

Remember bhenji, you are unique and special! I know it sounds cliche but it is true... Maharaj gave us all different DNA and fingerprints and He spent His time lovingly creating each and every one of us, so how can we not be special??

The advice the bhaaji/bhenji gave above about improving our self worth and self image is really good, so give it a go! It wont do you any harm plus you'll learn a new skill and that's always a positive!

I would add that maybe you should try and step up things on the seva front. Doing selfless service with our hands, helping others and perhaps working with people who are not so well off as ourselves really is refreshing and it helps put things into perspective.

Finally I would say that you should do ardaas to Maharaj. Ask him to give you the confidence to live your life to the greatest potential you can. Maharaj is so Beant and we are blessed with His kirpa everyday. If you ask him to help you stop feeling so low about yourself i'm sure he will guide you into growing into the confident, beautiful Singhni you are destined to be!

I hope I have helped in some way bhenji, please forgive me if I have said anything out of line.

May Guru Ji bless you! :umm:

I agree with what penji or paaji has said above. We all get paranoid from time to time and some more than others. I and many others have found the way to deal with it is to join in seva at your local gurdwara, say hello or fateh to people and be yourself without thinking people are going to judge you.

Its hard but waheguru kirpa the new found confidence small step at a time can make a difference in your life ambitions and general happiness.

Guru sahib kirpa karn.

wahe guru ji ka khalsa

wahe guru ji ki fateh :TH: (good luck)