Sooo Lazy

Guest lazy_singhni

Guest lazy_singhni

I could be doing rehraas the paat right now oh wait look at the time its 9pm, this is what happens everyday im too lazy to do rehraas dha paat so i feel bad and think to myself "ill wake up at amritvela" Does that happen? No Why? Because im sooooooooooo lazy. Maybe because its close to the end of the school year i just dont feel like doing anything, i dont do any school work but its not like i did alot before i get average marks. I dont know what to do with myself , im a kuretiya (someone who has committed a bujjar kurehit) and im actually at the point in my life that i can say in confidence that i want to retake amrit at the next amrit sanchar. This means i should be doing atleast 7 banis a day but guess what ends up happening i have no time to do paat in the morning but i do take a shower every morning because i want to do paat so i end up being able to do tav prasad svaiyye and chaupai sahib the paat which takes barely 10 or 15 mins plus i do kirtan sohila ever night. so that 3 out of 7 and notice how its the shortest 3. Im sooooooooo lazy i sit on the computer everyday i enjoy reading random shabad meanings but i need that push or i dont know what i need, i want to change. ugh i just want to the sangat how i feel and i want you to tell me if im wrong : I think that if i get amrit shakhed ill start doing full paat, meaninmg ill be more peaceful and ill have God by myside helping me with all my struggles along this path of life plus i guess if i do full paat ill do my homework properly to, maybe?. The thing is im lazy to prepare myself for the amrit sanchar but i want to get amrit shakhed so badly because when the last amrit sanchar happened i was at the gurudwara i just didnt know until they announced it and then i felt like crap because there goes another amrit sanchar the thing was i dont wear my kakkars because i dont want to be a pakhandi singhni lol, although people that dont even know me at the gurudwara think im amrit daree i want to be true to myself as i know that if you are a kuretiya you cannot consider yourself amritdharee , so i decided not to wear my kakkars , hm okay so right after the annoucement that there is an amrit sanchar the next asa di // line was about amrit and i just felt like crying , i think it was because my soul was in bairag and it had that longing to meet with God. I hate being the lazy moorakh in the way of my souls path to God. Please sangat ji give me some tips or whatever yell at me i just need HELP

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

as u said

im actually at the point in my life that i can say in confidence that i want to retake amrit at the next amrit sanchar.

go for it. its the inner feeling that counts.

trust that inner voice=) get with people who do their nitnem and get their sangat as much as u can(nd dont forget doing ardas for amritvela and sandhiya )

bhul chuk muaff karni

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

Guest lazy

i would say that you try and sort ouyrself out before the next amrit sanchar

get into a routine, wake up a certain time, go to sleep a certain time, start wearing all of your kakaars, start living as if you were a strict amritdhari

otherwise you might find, that you'll go pesh and then for a few months it will be all fine and dandy and then you'll start getting lazy again.

so try your best to stop the laziness now and then go pesh

good way to get up in the morn is to not do your curtains so that the kight shines right into your room...then set your alarm and put it on the otherside of the room so u cant quickly reach it and turn it off...u'll HAVE to get up..and move fast out of bed then take a QUICK shower and do your nitnem...trust me it'll work- worked on me tongue.gif

good way to get up in the morn is to not do your curtains so that the kight shines right into your room...then set your alarm and put it on the otherside of the room so u cant quickly reach it and turn it off...u'll HAVE to get up..and move fast out of bed then take a QUICK shower and do your nitnem...trust me it'll work- worked on me tongue.gif

but we have to do our nitnem before the kight shines tongue.gif

bhen ji...

guru sahib is always waiting for you to do the nitnem that he has told us to do...but when we don't he is dissapointed...we hurt him...

seek forgiveness...forgive yourself as well..your putting to much on your self..your not lazy...you say your lazy and as a result you have convinced your subconcience that your lazy...

start doing some excersices, eat fruits...especially grapes..well..if u like them, but w.e you enjoyy eat them...but any who...go for power walks, jog, work out...boxing..anything...the more active you are...the more excited you will be to do other activies (nitnem, amrtivela, seva, homework etc.) ..also..if you live by your self..meaning you have your own room...keep it as clean as possible..the more positive stuff that is around you...the more excited you will be to do things...

why sit around the computer...when you can enjoy yourself ...close your eyes do some simran...feel the anand.....if you like just looking at the shabads...call over some of your friends...do paht together...do vichar together in order to understand what the shabad means to you personally.

and also wear your kakkars...they are important.

bul chuk marf

Guest lazy_singhni

Okay so this is me again thanx for the helpful replys but theres one more thing, one of my friends who is amritdhari told me that if your not amritdharee your not suppose to wear the 5 kakkars until the day you are. She said its like being a pakandi (faker). I just think its random how im totally ready from the inside to take amrit but on the outside i cant make myself do anything. The thing is im technically not amritdaree or im not suppose to consider myself amritdharee as i have become a kuretiya ,, i have started keeping my rehit as in i stopped doing my eyebrows and i feel comfortable with it too. I dont know what to do because i decided that if i tie a dastar on the day of the amrit sanchar i will surely not stop tieing from there on the thing is i just have to learn which wont take much time i do have sangat and amritdharee friends. Another thing is i dont know what im suppose to do about negative responses i have gotten about tieing a dastar one friend who is older than me told me that she regretted starting to tie her dastar in highskool and another friend of mine told me i should start with tieing a ramal(bandana) but i just dont want to like its just a little cloth that doesnt even cover your head properly so i decided if im gonna go pesh i mite aswell start covering my head properly. I have also gotten positive thoguhts on tieing a dastar which was very inspirational to me like this one girl who i hardly talk to told me how she hates the idea of tieing a dastar but the idea popped into her head one day and she decided to learn and then she started teing a dastar fulltime in a time period of i think less then 2 weeks. i was happy to hear this story cuz i need inspiration not negative ideas. Sangat ji if there is anything else you would like to say please offer me some advice wjkk wjkf :lol: