degh

Guest balwinderkaur

well mesure the same amount of all 4 ingredients:

aattaa, sugar, geo (butter) water.

1) (start doign Japi Sahib!) Heat up and melt down the butter

2) Put in the aataa and cook it but stiring slightly but constantly on low heat until brown (not burnt!!!) Usually at my speed of Japji sahib, 2 pauree are left.

3) while the Atta is being done, put the sugar and water in a nother pan and heat it up in VERY LOW heat. You just need an excellent timing (and low heat) to have both the sweet part and attaa done at the same time.

4) Anyways, when both are done, put sugar part in aattaa part QUICKLY and start mixing shetee(n) shetee(n) ... be carefull if starts BOILING, and bubbling, AND GET EXTREMELY HOT when aattaa is mixed into sugar (or vice versa, hehe)... at hat time, reduce the heat to the LOWEST possible or if you have electric gas-oven, just ismply turn it off.. but keep on stiring it constantly.

a tip: when the attaa (now degh) and butter (gio) starts getting seperate and the degh is more smooth ("ball").. thenn the degh is done and you can take is off the heat and let it cool and then do ardas and ENJOY!!

heheh... actually some people have different ways to do it... i think.. the main thing in making degh is timing.. and only experience can make it good.

hope it helps.

Guest balwinderkaur
well mesure the same amount of all 4 ingredients:

aattaa, sugar, geo (butter) water.

1) (start doign Japi Sahib!) Heat up and melt down the butter

2) Put in the aataa and cook it but stiring slightly but constantly on low heat until brown (not burnt!!!) Usually at my speed of Japji sahib, 2 pauree are left.

3) while the Atta is being done, put the sugar and water in a nother pan and heat it up in VERY LOW heat. You just need an excellent timing (and low heat) to have both the sweet part and attaa done at the same time.

4) Anyways, when both are done, put sugar part in aattaa part QUICKLY and start mixing shetee(n) shetee(n) ... be carefull if starts BOILING, and bubbling, AND GET EXTREMELY HOT when aattaa is mixed into sugar (or vice versa, hehe)... at hat time, reduce the heat to the LOWEST possible or if you have electric gas-oven, just ismply turn it off.. but keep on stiring it constantly.

a tip: when the attaa (now degh) and butter (gio) starts getting seperate and the degh is more smooth ("ball").. thenn the degh is done and you can take is off the heat and let it cool and then do ardas and ENJOY!!

heheh... actually some people have different ways to do it... i think.. the main thing in making degh is timing.. and only experience can make it good.

hope it helps.

thanks daughter bhainjee <

img src='http://forums.waheguroo.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='tongue.gif'> heheh...ummm how much sugar butter atta?????????

Sat Sri Akal:

Depends how much you want to make balwinderkaur Ji. The important measurement is that each must be in equal part to the other. I do not know the i cup of each will give you 5 kilos (yes...they let me into a University... ;) ).

Eyeball how much you want to make.. You can never have too much though... :nihungsmile: