No Pyaar...

Guest _Moorakh_

Guest _Moorakh_

Guru Fateh Jio...

I'm a moorakh who have no pyaar for Japji Sahib, whenever by Guru Ji's kirpa i sit to do the Paath, i either start yawning or i just feel like finishing it as quickly as possible. Sangat Ji, pls tell me the reason to this and please tell me how can i make myself have PYAAR for Bani ...

Guru Fateh.. d_oh.gif

Guest Guest

I know. You can start by figuring out the purpose and understanding it.

Why are you doing it? What does it mean? What is the purpose? What happens if you dont?

Guru Fateh Jio...

I'm a moorakh who have no pyaar for Japji Sahib, whenever by Guru Ji's kirpa i sit to do the Paath, i either start yawning or i just feel like finishing it as quickly as possible. Sangat Ji, pls tell me the reason to this and please tell me how can i make myself have PYAAR for Bani ...

Guru Fateh.. d_oh.gif

Why does the mind not yawn when we watch tv or a movie? Why does the mind not yawn when we are chatting with friend? Why does the mind not yawn when there is an urgent worldly matter that we have to deal with?

There is a conflict of interest by the Mind, you pull it towards the Shabad Guru, but it pulls you back. What do you do to such a bully? Such a so called friend who pulls you away from something that is good for you? Either you befriend them or Ignore them. Obviously you can't just remove your mind, but you can ignore it. Don't become a slave to the Mind by obliging to its request. What do you do to someone who you don't want to listen to?

You cannot win in a direct conflict or a fight with the mind, you have to side step it by learning to ignore the thoughts and the yawning of the mind. When it happens don't stop and become frustrated, that is exactly what the mind wants...the more you give it recoganition, the more it will pull you from your task.

Pray before you begin your padth...seek help from the guru to give you patience and strength to continue your reading and understanding of the Shabad Guru. Try to seperate yourself from teh Yawning...know that your Yawning is just the manipulation of the Mind, nothing more because you've already had enough sleep and you are not tired. Let the mind know that now it is my time not your. Take few deep breaths, put on some incense, go for a walk before hand so your lungs and muscles expand and your blood is flowing. That way you have given no excuse to the mind for any tiredness.

Maharaj Mandleswar Ji of Haridwaar ((True lover of Guru Nanak)) used to sit with group of sikhs for gurbaani vichaars.... one day a peacock came in the room...In so many people an animals get scared .....however that peacock stood there watching here and there....One person out of that group said to mandleshwar ji that to give some daan to this peacock....and they asked wat to give and he said give him mukat daan (make him free from cycle of death and birth) on which maharaj ji said "In the house of Guru Nanak mukti is not a big thing and mukati is in Guru's bani..... so saadho(sikhs) for this peacock do one Japji Sahib".... And everyone took out there pothis and started reading Japji Sahib...Finally when they reached the last line that is "Nanak Teh mukh Ujaale Keti Chutti naal" that peacock fell down and was no more....(gone to suchkhand)...........

All the sikh touched the feet of Mandaleshwar Ji on which they said "i didn't do that... don't touch my feet... this kirpa is of Japji Sahib....anyone who reads Japji Sahib from heart will become mukaat....."

Hope that make sense....

Bhul Chuuk Maaf

Edit: this happened in between yr 1900-1910(guess)

Guru Fateh Jio...

Guru Fateh.. d_oh.gif

dont worry, it happens to a lot of people, just keep doing paath and maharaj will do the rest. The biggest step is sitting down to do paath in the first place. Some peopls say we dont dp paath becoz our "man nehi tekhda" but it works the other way round, you have to do paath so that "man tekh jaave". And yes i def agree to do ardaas benti to maharaj before you start and he will take of it all :umm:

Guru Fateh Jio...

Guru Fateh.. d_oh.gif

forgor to add, it doesnt mean u havent got pyar for bani, i am sure you have loads of pyar, unfortunately kaljug tries to divert us.

One way to develop pyar for bani is a whole is to read the meanings and relate to the meanings. Thinking of Japji saheb i thought of this line :

swlwhI swlwih eyqI suriq n pweIAw ]

saalaahee saalaahi eaethee surath n paaeeaa ||

The praisers praise the Lord, but they do not obtain intuitive understanding

ndIAw AqY vwh pvih smuMid n jwxIAih ]

nadheeaa athai vaah pavehi samu(n)dh n jaaneeahi ||

the streams and rivers flowing into the ocean do not know its vastness.

smuMd swh sulqwn igrhw syqI mwlu Dnu ]

samu(n)dh saah sulathaan girehaa saethee maal dhhan ||

Even kings and emperors, with mountains of property and oceans of wealth

kIVI quil n hovnI jy iqsu mnhu n vIsrih ]23]

keerree thul n hovanee jae this manahu n veesarehi ||23||

-these are not even equal to an ant, who does not forget God. ||23||