Which Mp3 Player To Buy?

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh

Dear Sangat Jee, I am looking to buy a mp3 player but am not very up-to-date on these gadgets.

I would use the mp3 player to listen to keertan and katha files that I have downloaded from various sikh websites. I would not use the picture or video features, just the audio features.

Criteria: budget is £60-£90 approx, 2gb-4gb (but would like to know the sangats view on how much memory I really need), very reliable, sturdy.

Also, I know that mp3 players will play mp3 format files, but will it also play the keertan/katha files downloaded from various sikh websites which are not mp3 format - or would they need to be converted before they can be played on the mp3 player.

Also, if you are listening to say a 1 hour katha file on an mp3 player, can you pause/forward/rewind on that file or does it only play the file from start to end non-stop and thats it?

Thanks in advance.

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh

Samsung K3/K5 - These have flash memory and so are quicker safer for storing as they have no moving parts and can be used on any machine whereas iPods are HD and have moving parts and so should not be dropped

All touch screen interface, and the Samsung Media Studio it uses does NOT double up your music as iTunes does on your PC harddrive. As to how long will each player hold it all depends on quality of the file, a 5 mins file could be 2mb or it could be 6mb, it all depends on how it is recorded.

So best thing is don't look at size of memory, first look at your budget, then look at the most memory you can get for your budget.

Again flash memory is better in my opinion, there was an article on it on bbc website. People like Microsoft are gonna start using it in their Harddrives for PCs so that PCs will start up quicker.

And of the two you have seen I would go for 4gb.