Sohilaa Saaheb

http://www.sikhsangat.com/?showtopic=1988

Siri Kirtan Sohila Sahib

In Sikh history, there are two events which show the importance of Kirtan Sohila Ji’s Bani:

1st Event

After traveling for many years and showing the people of the world the path to God, Guru Nanak Dev Ji came to a land near the banks of the Ravi River. This Land belonged to a wealthy man named Krori Mal who donated this entire land to Guru Nanak Dev Ji. The land was renamed to Kartarpur. Guru Nanak Dev Ji spent the later years of his life here in Kartarpur along with Bhai Lehna Ji.

One afternoon, while staying in Kartarpur, Bhai Lehna Ji was giving Guru Nanak Dev Ji a massage. What did Bhai Lehna Ji see?

When he first started the massage Guru Nanak Saheb Ji was fine. He had no marks or cuts on his body, but now out of nowhere Guru Ji’s feet were bleeding. There were cuts in the feet as if they had walked over some prickles or something sharp.

Bhai Lehna Ji was shocked! He asked, “Guru Ji, you are sitting here yet how come your feet have started to bleed? How come there are cuts in your feet as if you have walked over something sharp?”

Guru Nanak Dev Ji said that there is a Sikh who is milking goats out in the field. Call that Sikh here and then I will give you the answer to your question. Guru Ji sent another Sikh to call the Sikh in the fields. When the messenger reached the fields the Sikh

was reading the Bani of Kirtan Sohila while he was milking the goats. The messenger told the Sikh that Guru Ji was calling him.

The Sikh came and bowed to Guru Ji. Guru Nanak Dev Ji then told the Sikh, “Whenever anybody reads the Bani that you were reciting (Kirtan Sohila), I am always present there. While you were walking around in the fields reading Kirtan Sohila, I was walking behind you listening to the Bani. I didn’t let a single cut come on to your body; instead I took the cuts for you.”

The Sikh asked Guru Ji for forgiveness and asked what he should do now.

Guru Ji told him that Kirtan Sohila Bani should be read at night time before going to sleep. First you should wash your hands, feet, and face and then read the Bani with full concentration. If you do this, then I will sit by that person’s side and listen.

From this moment on, Kirtan Sohila started to be read at night time. Kirtan Sohila is a very short Bani, but some people are so lazy that they go to sleep without reading it. It’s not like Sukhmani Saheb which is very long. It is only a few small shabads.

If someone reads this Bani before going to sleep then they will not have any nightmares during the night. If you die during your sleep you will not become a ghost or evil spirit in your next life. Guru Ji will look after you.

This is Guru Ji’s Hukam, “That person who reads Kirtan Sohila before going to sleep will be close to me.”

While reading this Bani with concentration you should think in your mind that Guru Ji is sitting by listening to me reading the Bani. This Bani is comprised of 5 shabads; 3 from Guru Nanak Dev Ji and one each by the fourth and fifth Gurus.

Even Bhai Gurdas Ji writes that we should read Kirtan Sohila before going to sleep:

sMJY sodr gwvxw mn mylI kr myl imlµdy] rwqI kIrqn soihlw kr AwrqI prswd vMfMdy]

sa(n)jhai sodhar ga

avanaa man maelee kar mael mila(n)dhae||raathee keerathan sohilaa kar aarathee parasaadh va(n)dda(n)dhae||

Translation:

They sing the Sodar in the evening and heartily associate with one another. Having recited the Sohila and made supplication at night they distribute sacred food (prasad).

2nd Event

During the time that Guru Arjun Dev Ji was writing the Aad Granth Saheb, there was a Sikh who use to trade horses. He would buy horses and then sell them for a higher price to make a profit. However, some crooks started to bother this Sikh. When he would buy new horses, these crooks would come and steal the horses from the Sikh.

The Sikh came to Guru Arjun Dev Ji and said, “Guru Ji, I sell horses for a living, but crooks have started to steal my horses and I am losing a lot of money. I don’t know what to do. Please tell me some shabads that will help me.”

Guru Ji said that before you go to sleep, read the following four shabads before you read Kirtan Sohila Ji’s Bani:

1) soriT mhlw 5 ] gur kw sbdu rKvwry ] caukI cauigrd hmwry ]sorat(h)

mehalaa 5 ||gur kaa sabadh rakhavaarae ||choukee chougiradh hamaarae ||

Translation:

Sorat'h, Fifth Mehl: The Word of the Guru's Shabad is my Saving Grace. It is a guardian posted on all four sides around me.

2) iblwvlu mhlw 5 ]

qwqI vwau n lgeI pwrbRhm srxweI ]cauigrd hmwrY rwm kwr duKu lgY n BweI ]1]

bilaaval mehalaa 5 ||

thaathee vaao n lagee paarabr

eham saranaaee ||

chougiradh hamaarai raam kaar dhukh lagai n bhaaee ||1||

Translation:

Bilaaval, Fifth Mehl:

The hot wind does not even touch one who is under the Protection of the Supreme Lord God.

On all four sides I am surrounded by the Lord's Circle of Protection; pain does not afflict me, O Siblings of Destiny. ||1||

3) sloku ]

jh swDU goibd Bjnu kIrqnu nwnk nIq ]

xw hau xw qUM xh Cutih inkit n jweIAhu dUq ]1]

salok ||

jeh saadhhoo gobidh bhajan keerathan naanak neeth ||

naa ho naa thoo(n) neh shhuttehi nikatt n jaaeeahu dhooth ||1||

Translation:

Shalok:

Where the Holy people constantly vibrate the Kirtan of the Praises of the Lord of the Universe, O Nanak

- the Righteous Judge says, ""Do not approach that place, O Messenger of Death, or else neither you nor I shall escape!""||1||

4) slok mÚ 5 ]mn mih icqvau icqvnI audmu krau auiT nIq ]

hir kIrqn kw Awhro hir dyhu nwnk ky mIq ]1]

salok ma 5 ||

man mehi chithavo chithavanee oudham karo out(h) neeth ||

har keerathan kaa aaharo har dhaehu naanak kae meeth ||1||

Translation:

Shalok, Fifth Mehl:

Within my mind, I think thoughts of always rising early, and making the effort.

O Lord, my Friend, please bless Nanak with the habit of singing the Kirtan of the Lord's Praises. ||1||

Guru Ji said that if you do this and then do an ardas, then a steel fort wil

l be made around you and nobody will be able to enter or leave from that area. This fortress will stay around you up to the time that you wake up, take a bath, and read Jap Ji Saheb Ji’s Bani.

The Sikh thanked Guru Ji for the help and left. He bought new horses and took them to another village to sell. When it became dark, the Sikh decided to rest for the night. The thieves also were following the Sikh. They waited for the Sikh to fall asleep. Before going to sleep, the Sikh did exactly what Guru Ji told him to do. As soon as he finished reading Kirtan Sohila Ji and did the ardas a steel fort was put around the Sikh.

The thieves tried to come in and steal the horses, but they could not enter. They tried this for many nights, but failed to enter each time. One day the Sikh was reading Kirtan Sohila Ji’s Bani and fell asleep halfway through, so the fort was not full erected around him. The thieves quickly entered the building and tied up the horses, but at the same time the Sikh woke up. He did the entire Kirtan Sohila’s Bani and did an ardas and the steel fort was put into place.

The thieves tried to leave the building, but could not leave because of the fort. Finally, morning came and the Sikh woke up, took a bath, and then read Jap Ji Saheb and the Fort opened. The thieves were so surprised that they actually went up to the Sikh and asked him what special Mantra he reads that makes this special fort around him.

The Sikh told them that this is a Bani of the Satguru. He took the thieves to meet Guru Arjun Dev Ji. Guru Ji made those thieves into Sikhs and showed them the path to salvation.

Kirtan Sohila’s Bani controls our lustful thoughts and anger during the night. The five evils can’t come and rob us of our good deeds. The Singhs of the past all use to first read the 4 shabads, followed by Kirtan Sohila, followed by an ardas.

Before this same routine was also followed at Sri Harmandir Saheb Ji. However, after the Shromani Committee took power, they changed the routine.

They stopped reading the 4 shabads in the beginning. They only read the following shabads.

iblwvlu mhlw 5 ]qwqI vwau n lgeI pwrbRhm srxweI ]cauigrd hmwrY rwm kwr duKu lgY n BweI ]1]

bilaaval mehalaa 5 ||

thaathee vaao n lagee paarabreham saranaaee ||

chougiradh hamaarai raam kaar dhukh lagai n bhaaee ||1||

and

isr msok rK´w pwrbRhmM hso kwXw rK´w prmysÍrh ]

sir masok rakhyaa paarabrehama(n) haso kaayaa rakhyaa paramaesvareh ||

However, they stopped reading the other shabads. They did not realize that this is a Maryada started by Guru Ji themselves and we do not have the right to stop reading the 4 shabads at the beginning. Many people have also stopped reading the shabads just by seeing the change in routine at Sri Harmandir Saheb.

If we stop reading Bani according to the instructions of our Guru, then how can we expect to gain anything out of it. When we read all four shabads followed by the Kirtan Sohila and Ardas, only then will the fortress be made around us. When we have stopped reading the Bani according to the Guru’s maryada, then how can we expect to have the fortress around us which will save us from thieves and which will save us from our own lustful desires.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

the first post that u made..just wanna add that..... YES it is a hukam of guru ANGAD DEV JEE maharaaj to recite sohila minutes before one sleeps and to b thir(absolutely stationary) while reading this baani..

the second post does mention it ... but i quoted it to do a bintee in ur feet ..that it was really amazing and for those who wanna hear the two shabads which are recited before sohila saheb at darbar saheb can visit.. amritsarradio.com at approx 9:45 IST

Mod Note: In the future please do not quote such a long message.

• 3 weeks later...

ਰਾਗੁਗਉੜੀਪੂਰਬੀਮਹਲਾ੪॥

Rāg ga­oṛī pūrbī mehlā 4.

Sohilaa ~ The Song Of Praise. Raag Gauree Poorbee Mehlaa Chouthaa

Gaurihas the largest number of composition which cover about 14 per cent of the total number of pages of SGGS. It contains two important compositions of Guru Arjan, Sukhmani and Bavan-akhri (acrostic). As it is a serious raga, the Gurus have given herein the exposition of profound concepts like fear, consciousness, soul and salvation.

This is an evening raga assigned to autumn and its mood is contemplative. The composition in Gauri is very voluminous. Gauri was used by Guru Nanak, Guru Amar Das, Guru Ram Das, Guru Arjan and Guru Tegh Bahadur. Several forms of Gauri exist historically and this probably accounts for the large number of variants: Gauri Cheti, Gauri Bairagan, Gauri Dipaki, Gauri PurbiDipaki, Gauri Guareri, Gauri-Majh, Gauri Malava, Gauri Mala, Gauri Sorath, Gauri Dakhani.

Introduction:

The literal meaning of Gauri is 'style' i.e., the style and mode to remember God and sing his glories. According to the Indian school of Music Gauri is a ragini (female raga). Its roots are in the eastern thaht, and it is a consort of raga Sri. In Guru Granth Sahib maximum compositions are composed in this raga. There are 22 forms of Gauri tunes according to the Indian School of Music, whereas in Guru Granth Sahib there is a mention of 12 of such forms, they are:

Gauri (refer page 151)

Gauri Gurareree (refer page 151)

Gauri Dakhni (refer page 152)

Gauri Cheti (refer page 154)

Gauri Bairagan (refer page 156)

Gauri Deepki (refer page 156)

Gauri Purbi Deepki ( refer page 167)

Gauri Purbi (refer page 168)

Gauri Maj (refer page 172)

Gauri Malwa (refer page 214)

Gauri Mala (refer page 214)

Gauri Sorath (refer page 330)

The above forms of Gauris were developed by mixing pure Gauri with other regional tunes, notes and tals. The thaht of Pure Gauri is Bhairo.

The recommended time of its singing is the third part of the day, 12 noon - 3 p.m., and the season of its recitation is winter (shisher), December -January. In certain forms of Gauris the time of its singing is different from the pure Gauri, e.g., the popular time of singing Gauri Mala is the first quarter of night rather than third part of the day.

In Guru Granth Sahib this is the third raga, whereas in the Ragamal it is listed in the last lines as Gavri, rather than Gauri, and is classified as a wife of Sri raga.

ਕਾਮਿਕਰੋਧਿਨਗਰੁਬਹੁਭਰਿਆਮਿਲਿਸਾਧੂਖੰਡਲਖੰਡਾਹੇ॥

Kām karoḏẖ nagar baho bẖari­ā mil sāḏẖū kẖandal kẖanda hė.

The body-village (nagar) is filled to overflowing (baho bharea) with anger and sexual desire (kaam krodh); these were broken (khandal khanda) into bits when I met (mil) with the Holy Saint (sadhu, guru saaheb).

HumanBody.jpg

ਪੂਰਬਿਲਿਖਤਲਿਖੇਗੁਰੁਪਾਇਆਮਨਿਹਰਿਲਿਵਮੰਡਲਮੰਡਾਹੇ॥੧॥

Pūrab likẖaṯ likẖė gur pā­i­ā man har liv mandal mandā hė. ||1||

By pre-ordained destiny, I have met with the Guru. (Pūrab likẖaṯ likẖė gur pā­i­ā) I have entered into the realm of the Lord's Love. ||1|| (man har liv mandal mandā hė.)

lilchakra-heart-715337.gif

ਕਰਿਸਾਧੂਅੰਜੁਲੀਪੁਨੁਵਡਾਹੇ॥

Kar sāḏẖū anjulī pun vadā hė.

Greet the Holy Saint with your palms pressed together; this is an act of great merit.

ਕਰਿਡੰਡਉਤਪੁਨੁਵਡਾਹੇ॥੧॥ਰਹਾਉ॥

Kar dand­uṯ pun vadā hė. ||1|| rahā­o.

Bow down before Him; this is a virtuous action indeed. ||1||Pause||

Gurbaanee says when we goto meet the guru fall at the feet of the guru, when we mathaa tek to guru saaheb we should recite this tuk, at that moment we should sacrifice our mind, body and soul to guru saaheb, bowing down is a virtuous act because it brings humility no matter who it is, it will bring the virtue of humility inside of them, thats why guru saaheb says this is a virtuous action indeed (kar dandaut pun vadda hai), dandaut in this tuk also means to bow before guru saaheb with your entire body on the floor and palms folded, you might've seen many do that, where they do dandaut, I think its derived from a danda, because you matha tek by laying flat on the floor, hence dandaut.

IMG_1416.JPG

ਸਾਕਤਹਰਿਰਸਸਾਦੁਨਜਾਣਿਆਤਿਨਅੰਤਰਿਹਉਮੈਕੰਡਾਹੇ॥

Sākaṯ har ras sāḏ na jāṇi­ā ṯin anṯar ha­umai kandā hė.

The wicked shaaktas, the faithless cynics, do not know the Taste of the Lord's Sublime Essence. The thorn of egotism is embedded deep within them.

The english translation for this tuk is confusing, because saakat refers to the faithless, but shaaktas are followers of a different beleif (click here). Guru Saaheb is saying that the faithless are living in falsehood and can't taste the sweetness of naam. As they walk the path of life, the thorn of ego holds them back from experiencing the taste of naam and vaheguru jee's blessings. The ego of their plans/goals of life are embedded within them, we see this everyday with people, they always work hard to make more money, look for "true love", or carry on with worldly duties but they never find the truth, guru saaheb refers to them walking a path with a thorn of ego in their foot.

istockphoto_1649320_dirty_feet.jpg

ਜਿਉਜਿਉਚਲਹਿਚੁਭੈਦੁਖੁਪਾਵਹਿਜਮਕਾਲੁਸਹਹਿਸਿਰਿਡੰਡਾਹੇ॥੨॥

Ji­o ji­o cẖaleh cẖubẖai ḏukẖ pāvahi jamkāl saheh sir dandā hė. ||2||

The more they walk away, the deeper it pierces them, and the more they suffer in pain, until finally, the Messenger of Death smashes his club against their heads. ||2||

Then he goes on to say the more they walk this path of ego and falsehood, the more they indulge in worldly affairs and attachments and suffer in pain due to them, (jeo jeo chaleh chubeh dukh paave) until finally at death, jamdoot hits them with his club and commands their soul to the court of dharam raaj where their account is settled.

istockphoto_2932555_angel_of_death.jpg

ਹਰਿਜਨਹਰਿਹਰਿਨਾਮਿਸਮਾਣੇਦੁਖੁਜਨਮਮਰਣਭਵਖੰਡਾਹੇ॥

Har jan har har nām samāṇė ḏukẖ janam maraṇ bẖav kẖanda hė.

The humble servants of the Lord are absorbed in the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. The pain of birth and the fear of death are eradicated.

On the other hand, the humble servants of akaal purkh are absorbed in his naaaam, they have full faith in him, and only take him as their support. They live their life with purity. They stay detached from wordly entaglements by staying attached to his naaam (Har jan har har nām samāṇė). The pain of birth and death is taken away from them, because they don't have to fear the wrath of jamdoot.

ਅਬਿਨਾਸੀਪੁਰਖੁਪਾਇਆਪਰਮੇਸਰੁਬਹੁਸੋਭਖੰਡਬ੍ਰਹਮੰਡਾਹੇ॥੩॥

Abẖināsī purakẖ pā­i­ā parmėsar baho sobẖ kẖand barahmandā hė. ||3||

They have found the Imperishable Supreme Being, the Transcendent Lord God, and they receive great honor throughout all the worlds and realms. ||3||

They receive respect and GREAT honor throughout the worlds because they have found that supreme being. The Gods and beings of all the worlds give them respect and honour them because they realized the truth.

photo_tour_HST_DeepField2.jpg

ਹਮਗਰੀਬਮਸਕੀਨਪ੍ਰਭਤੇਰੇਹਰਿਰਾਖੁਰਾਖੁਵਡਵਡਾਹੇ॥

Ham garīb maskīn parabẖ ṯėrė har rākẖ rākẖ vad vadā hė.

I am poor and meek, God, but I belong to You! Save me-please save me, O Greatest of the Great!

ਜਨਨਾਨਕਨਾਮੁਅਧਾਰੁਟੇਕਹੈਹਰਿਨਾਮੇਹੀਸੁਖੁਮੰਡਾਹੇ॥੪॥੪॥

Jan Nānak nām aḏẖār tėk hai har nāmė hī sukẖ mandā hė. ||4||4||

Servant Nanak takes the Sustenance and Support of the Naam. In the Name of the Lord, he enjoys celestial peace. ||4||4||

not:- jy pYr ivc kMfw cu`B jwey qW qurnw iPrnw AOKw ho jWdw hY [ aus kMfy ƒ k`Fx dy QW jy pYrW ivc m^ml dI ju`qI pw leIey, qW BI qurn l`igAW auh kMfw cu`Bdw hI rhygw [ suK qdoN hI hovygw, jdoN auh kMfw pYr ivcoN k`F ilAw jwey [

ijqnw icr mnu`K dy AMdr haumY hY, ieh duKI hI krdI rhygI [ bwhrly Dwrimk ByK Awidk BI suK nhIN dy skxgy [

Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru

• 3 weeks later...

ਰਾਗੁਗਉੜੀਪੂਰਬੀਮਹਲਾ੫॥

Rāg ga­oṛī pūrbī mehlā 5.

Raag Gauree Poorbee, Fifth Mehl:

Information regarding the raag is the same as the last post, only difference is that this shabad is written by Guru Arjan Dev Saaheb jee. One bentee is please read the gurmukhi part of this shabd outloud, it'll help build your abhyaas of reading larivaar.

ਕਰਉਬੇਨੰਤੀਸੁਣਹੁਮੇਰੇਮੀਤਾਸੰਤਟਹਲਕੀਬੇਲਾ॥

Kara­o bėnanṯī suṇhu mėrė mīṯā sanṯ tahal kī bėlā.

Listen, my friends, I beg of you: now is the time to serve the Saints!

Such humility in this panktee, guru saaheb is saying listen friends I'm begging you, serve the gurmukhs in the world, he's the greatest saint of all saints but with such humility he is saying we are lower than the gurmukhs, lets serve them, panktees like these are the real gems they show what humility is about, we can write and preach all about it, but until we practice it in situations where it counts then we haven't really understood it. Every situation is different, and if we realize how to stay humble and not say anything in those situation then we're moving in the right direction, I'm learning that gurparsaad.

1.jpg

ਈਹਾਖਾਟਿਚਲਹੁਹਰਿਲਾਹਾਆਗੈਬਸਨੁਸੁਹੇਲਾ॥੧॥

Īhā kẖāt cẖalhu har lāhā āgai basan suhėlā. ||1||

In this world, earn the profit of the Lord's Name, and hereafter, you shall dwell in peace. ||1||

Guru saaheb is saying that if you serve the gurmukhs then you will also get the laha of naam and gain honour in the afterworld.

ਅਉਧਘਟੈਦਿਨਸੁਰੈਣਾਰੇ॥

A­oḏẖ gẖatai ḏinas raiṇārė.

This life is diminishing, day and night.

ਮਨਗੁਰਮਿਲਿਕਾਜਸਵਾਰੇ॥੧॥ਰਹਾਉ॥

Man gur mil kāj savārė. ||1|| rahā­o.

Meeting with the Guru, your affairs shall be resolved. ||1||Pause||

These are worldly affairs and the affairs after death.

ਇਹੁਸੰਸਾਰੁਬਿਕਾਰੁਸੰਸੇਮਹਿਤਰਿਓਬ੍ਰਹਮਗਿਆਨੀ॥

Ih sansār bikār sansė meh ṯari­o barahm gi­ānī.

This world is engrossed in corruption and cynicism. Only those who know God are saved.

Sansaar means the people of the world, or society. Guru Saheb is referring to the people of the world and he's saying they are engrossed in corruption and the punj vikaar. They are drowning in this fire of maya, the more they taste the false sweetness of maya the sweeter it seems to them, they fail to see its effect, just like bad foods have a negative effect on the body and causes abnormalities so does the false taste of maya leave a negative effect on the soul. We know its bad and its effect is bad, yet we continue to taste it, enjoy it. "Only those who know God are saved." this again is misleading, brahmgyanees are not only those who ONLY know God, they are jeevan mukt, they are at a higher level of enlightenment that only rare ones acheive, they're above maya, guru saaheb talks about them in sukhmanee saaheb.

Only those who attain the understanding of gursikhee and gurbaanee and apply it to their jeevan are saved, rest like me are part of this world engrossed in corruption and maya.

light.JPG

ਜਿਸਹਿਜਗਾਇਪੀਆਵੈਇਹੁਰਸੁਅਕਥਕਥਾਤਿਨਿਜਾਨੀ॥੨॥

Jisahi jagā­ė pī­āvai ih ras akath kathā ṯin jānī. ||2||

Only those who are awakened by the Lord to drink in this Sublime Essence, come to know the Unspoken Speech of the Lord. ||2||

Only those who have attained this higher level of spirituality, who have understood the speech of the lord, the language of love, they are awakened by akaal purkh from this dream of maya. They develop a special relationship with akaal purkh, they see him in everything and everyone, they learn his language, they understand his speech and they walk and talk in a way that pleases him, only they know how to sing and dance in his love, how many of us do?

3.jpg

ਜਾਕਉਆਏਸੋਈਬਿਹਾਝਹੁਹਰਿਗੁਰਤੇਮਨਹਿਬਸੇਰਾ॥

Jā ka­o ā­ė so­ī bihājẖahu har gur ṯė maneh basėrā.

Purchase only that for which you have come into the world, and through the Guru, the Lord shall dwell within your mind.

So do that for why you have come into this world, make your walk/talk his name, remember him swaas swaas. Guru Saaheb says purchase that name, how can you purchase something that is FREE? You can purchase it by giving up your ego, your bad habits, your indulgence in maya, in return for this priceless, yet free naaaam. WHO do you goto purchase this from? You purchase this naaaam from guru saaheb, through the punj pyaare, when you sacrifice yourself to your guru, you give up your mind, body, and spirit to him in return for this naaam, punj pyaare drir/instill this naam inside of you but as you start to take away what you gave up (your kaam, krodh, lobh, moh, ahankaar), so does guru saaheb takes away this naaam from you.

This shabad is about awakening from your selfish ways and walk the path of gursikhee without any doubt in your mind and by surrendering everything, vahgurrr.

2.jpg

ਨਿਜਘਰਿਮਹਲੁਪਾਵਹੁਸੁਖਸਹਜੇਬਹੁਰਿਨਹੋਇਗੋਫੇਰਾ॥੩॥

Nij gẖar mahal pāvhu sukẖ sehjė bahur na ho­igo fėrā. ||3||

Within the home of your own inner being, you shall obtain the Mansion of the Lord's Presence with intuitive ease. You shall not be consigned again to the wheel of reincarnation. ||3||

If you do that, in your mind/body/soul you shall obtain the vision of the lord, he will reside in you and be your support, but you have to clean this soul that's been rusted over the years, once you clean this rust can the lord reside in it, until its dirty you shall be considned to transmigration.

4.jpg

ਅੰਤਰਜਾਮੀਪੁਰਖਬਿਧਾਤੇਸਰਧਾਮਨਕੀਪੂਰੇ॥

Anṯarjāmī purakẖ biḏẖāṯė sarḏẖā man kī pūrė.

O Inner-knower, Searcher of Hearts, O Primal Being, Architect of Destiny: please fulfill this yearning of my mind.

ਨਾਨਕਦਾਸੁਇਹੈਸੁਖੁਮਾਗੈਮੋਕਉਕਰਿਸੰਤਨਕੀਧੂਰੇ॥੪॥੫॥

Nānak ḏās ihai sukẖ māgai mo ka­o kar sanṯan kī ḏẖūrė. ||4||5||

Nanak, Your slave, begs for this happiness: let me be the dust of the feet of the Saints. ||4||5||

Vaheguruuuuu

5.jpg

Bhul chuk muaaf karnee.

vaheguroo ji ka khalsa

vaheguroo ji ke fateh

for all thoose who wish this thread, without all the post, and only the major bts, dass has put it in word and be it mod paajis vichaar on bani, and then ive put on the little saki of guroo nanak dev ji maharaj and then the 2instances of sree sohila sahib in sikh histroy.

it easily printable, however is 18pages and without pics..

vaheguroo

thank you to all who contributed was and still is an amazin thread and sucha wkd bani

bhul chuk maaf

vaheguroo ji ka khalsa

vaheguroo ji ke fateh

sohila_sahib.rtf

Vaheguru, I didn't even realize this was the last shabad.

Bhai Saaheb Singh Jee said something to the effect of this banee being referred to as keertan sohilaa, he said that in the baanee itself should be referred to as sohilaa saaheb, not keertan sohelaa, because in the very first shabad of this baanee, guru saaheb refers to the word sohilaa along, nowhere is the word keertan mentioned, thith ghar gaavahu sohilaa sivarihu sirajanehaaro ||1||

I'm sure I've missed out alot so, if anyone else has anything more to add about any of the shabads, or their history or relevance, or even your personal experiences with the baanee please post.

daan mahindaa talikhaak je milae taa mastak laaeeae|