Panth Getting Lazy

Morakh

Not just that, how many of us know Shastar Vidia?!?!

We are meant to be Saint Soldiers - Sant Sipahi. Dhan Dhan Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj didn't just create this brand new philosophy - unique to the world, never seen before - just for the fun of it.

I really get upset seeing Singhs with pot bellies doing ardaas saying "Raaj Karega Khalsa Aaki Rahe Nah Koe"

What khalsa? What Raaj? You can't even maintain the raaj of your own body let alone Khalsa Rule!!

As well as being spiritually strong we have to be physically strong. Those were the days when 80+ year old Baba Deep Singh Ji (what a gangsta) carried a 15 Kg (32lb) Khanda in 1 hand fighting like a LION.

..What have we become..?

Not just that, how many of us know Shastar Vidia?!?!

We are meant to be Saint Soldiers - Sant Sipahi. Dhan Dhan Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj didn't just create this brand new philosophy - unique to the world, never seen before - just for the fun of it.

I really get upset seeing Singhs with pot bellies doing ardaas saying "Raaj Karega Khalsa Aaki Rahe Nah Koe"

What khalsa? What Raaj? You can't even maintain the raaj of your own body let alone Khalsa Rule!!

As well as being spiritually strong we have to be physically strong. Those were the days when 80+ year old Baba Deep Singh Ji (what a gangsta) carried a 15 Kg (32lb) Khanda in 1 hand fighting like a LION.

..What have we become..?

So true it hurts.

i thought may be the best place to post this thought. i have jus come back from town. there were a gourp of muslims, set up a stall, with free literature, and talking to people , mainly woman, about islam. Should we take a leaf out of their book and try something similiar?

i posted this here , because i wanna see how lazy some poeple am. FACT: there are a lot of lazy boys at sejly street. wolverhampton.

So true. Does your local gurdwaras have a gym/weight room?

mine does

gym filled with pateele.. now got shelves for them so its now offically a pateela room lol

got sports hall where we do gatka/chinups/treadmill etc .. so its not *too* bad..

but the youth had to do it their own way, committee just took the credits + subtly helped

Chatanga that seems like a good idea but would it work?

I mean different jathas cant even get along with each other nevermind preaching to others about peace and love. When we ourshelves pull out our Kirpans on each other.

I think first we need to increase the english parchar within our own Gurdwara on Sundays when sangat is usualy at its high. Maybe having a seprate hall where youth can come and discuss topics and issues aswel as learn.

But the thing with donig parchar like you said everybody is lazy we all seem to have a fasination with being GUPT :D

As for the lazy boys think of something to make them un-lazy lol

Chatanga that seems like a good idea but would it work?

I mean different jathas cant even get along with each other nevermind preaching to others about peace and love. When we ourshelves pull out our Kirpans on each other.

I think first we need to increase the english parchar within our own Gurdwara on Sundays when sangat is usualy at its high. Maybe having a seprate hall where youth can come and discuss topics and issues aswel as learn.

But the thing with donig parchar like you said everybody is lazy we all seem to have a fasination with being GUPT :D

As for the lazy boys think of something to make them un-lazy lol

I can imagine two jathas arguing on the street about Jhatka and vegetarianism and pulling out kirpans! LOL - the passing people will be thinking "avoid these nutcases like the plague and keep our kids away from them!"