Jahangir Feels Grateful

JAHANGIR FEELS GRATEFUL Guru Har Gobind began to prepare an army of saint-soldiers. In his opinion, this was necessary for the defence of his Sikhs and his faith. He would not attack anybody. But if someone made war on him, he must be able to defend himself. In order to avoid war, he wanted to be ready for war.

Hundreds of Sikh youths came to him from all parts of the Punjab. They were eager to join the Guru's army. They said to him, 'We offer you our lives. We have nothing else to offer. We require no pay. We require your favour and the gift of God's Name.' The Guru gave to each a horse and weapons of war. He enlisted them in his army of saint-soldiers.

Chandu and other enemies’ of Guru saw these warlike preparations of the Guru. They were filled with fear. They thought, 'The Guru might gain power in the Punjab. He might then turn his attention to us. He might punish us. We must take some timely action.'

They put their heads together. They decided to poison Jahangir's ears against the Guru. They met the Emperor. They said to him, 'Guru Arjan was killed by your orders. His son is now the Guru. He is making warlike preparations He keeps a strong army. He wants to take revenge for his father’s death. He will soon grow too powerful. The evil must be nipped in the bud. His father was, no doubt, a danger to Islam. You did right in getting rid of him Har Gobind is doubly dangerous. In the first place, he is a danger to Islam like his father; he is converting Muslims to his faith. Muslims are afraid of him. Secondly, he is preparing to fight against you. Thus, he is a danger to your kingdom, too. He aims at becoming a king himself. He already calls himself 'the true king'. He lives like a king. He cares for nobody.'

On hearing such reports, Jahangir decided to meet the Guru. He invited him to visit him in Delhi His men came to Amritsar they said to him, 'The Emperor is eager to see you. He wants to make friends with you’

The Guru discussed the matter with his mother and Principal Sikhs It was decided that the Emperor's invitation should be accepted so the Guru set out for Delhi. On reaching the Jamuna River, he put up his camp at Majnu's hillock.

The Emperor received the Guru with great honour. He discussed a number of religious matters with him. The Guru made his point clear by reciting the Guru's hymns. The Emperor was satisfied that the Guru's rules and principles were worthy of praise. He admired the Guru for his great and noble qualities.

The Emperor and the Guru met almost every day. One day, the Emperor said to the Guru, 'I learn that you are fond of hunting. I am going out for a hunt Will you go with me?' The Guru agreed. They went out. In the forest, a terrible

Tiger came out of a bush; suddenly He rushed at the Emperor. His men got filled with terror. They shot bullets and arrows. But they could not hit the tiger. The Emperor was in danger- He was too afraid to do anything to save himself. He called upon the Guru to save him. The Guru got down from his horse Taking his shield and sword, he ran between the Emperor and the tiger. The tiger was about to spring upon the Guru. The Guru gave him a blow with his sword. The tiger fell to the ground lifeless- The Emperor got down from the horse. He said to the Guru, 'It was my good luck that you were with me. But for you, the tiger would have torn me to pieces you put yourself in danger in order to save me. It was a most heroic act. I shall remember it ever with deep gratitude. You are a valued friend- They are all false and mean who say that you are a foe of mine. I shall never listen to them again. I shall never believe them. I shall never suspect you'

The Guru said, 'In Guru Nanak's house there is all love and justice. My faith teaches me to be friendly with everybody. It teaches me to do good to all.'

Source : Stories from Sikh History Book III

• 2 weeks later...
Good hearing this again, shows there wern't always problems between muslims and sikhs!

waheguru

there has NEVER and WILL NEVER bee a battle between Sikhi and Islam bocs it is the mind that initiates battle NOT Religion itself.................lovely sakhi thank ju for sharing.............

:WW:

Good hearing this again, shows there wern't always problems between muslims and sikhs!

waheguru

there has NEVER and WILL NEVER bee a battle between Sikhi and Islam bocs it is the mind that initiates battle NOT Religion itself.................lovely sakhi thank ju for sharing.............

:WW:

Sorry i didn't mean it to sound like a battle between islam and sikhism, i meant that people from the two religions can coincide peacefully together, it's the indeviduals that create tension!

wjkk wjkf

Sorry i didn't mean it to sound like a battle between islam and sikhism, i meant that people from the two religions can coincide peacefully together, it's the indeviduals that create tension!

wjkk wjkf

aaaaaaw pehnj i daint mean for it to sound like i was having a go................i was actually agreeing with u but when i re-read wot i posted i realised i sounded propa millitant :nihungsmile: :)

bhul chuck maafi my sister and keep in chardi kalah :lol: