Where Has My Love Gone?

Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Khalsaa Vaaheguroo jee Kee Fateh!

Dear all, this is going to be hard to explain so please bare with me.

Especially over the past month my love for God, The gurus and the Siri Guru Granth Sahib Jee has dwindled. I am finding it hard to understand the true power and excellence of the SGGS anymore, like i cant comprehend its majesty - the same for the gurus and the sacrificies and things they did. It can't sink in - i don't feel much love to it anymore like i did before. :sady: At this moment in time i see the SGGS as a guru but i dont feel anything emotional to it - i just see it as nothing really - and i hate that! I owe my whole life to Maharaj!

I have no idea why this is and what to do apart from ardaas, simran and paath as much as it can without my familly knowing.

Many thanks - Sorry

Khalsa 123

Do ardas whenever you can for 'Prema Bhagti'. Sometimes previous karms catch up with us and take us away from Maharaj Ji (Karmi Aapo Apni Key Nerey Key Dhoor...). Baani, Sewa and Simran wipe off bad karam and build up pun (good karam).

What works for me is:

- Staying away from politics especially intra-jatha pakwas,

- Listening to historical katha e.g. i just finished listening to kath of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's life from Suraj Parkash by Giani Thakur Singh Ji. It's amazing and makes you feel much closer to Maharaj.

- don't miss your Nitnem, whatever happens. Add some quiet internal simran to your nitnem.

- THE BIGGEST change in me was through keeping the right sangat - people with genuine love for Maharaj - it's contagious!

Remember: Khalsa Karey Nit Jang. This is just another battle to be won.

pourree ||

Pauree:

jeea kee birathhaa hoe s gur pehi aradhaas kar ||

When your soul is feeling sad, offer your prayers to the Guru.

shhodd siaanap sagal man than arap dhhar ||

Renounce all your cleverness, and dedicate your mind and body to Him.

poojahu gur kae pair dhuramath jaae jar ||

Worship the Feet of the Guru, and your evil-mindedness shall be burnt away.

saadhh janaa kai sa(n)g bhavajal bikham thar ||

Joining the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, you shall cross over the terrifying and difficult world-ocean.

saevahu sathigur dhaev agai n marahu ddar ||

Serve the True Guru, and in the world hereafter, you shall not die of fear.

khin mehi karae nihaal oonae subhar bhar ||

In an instant, he shall make you happy, and the empty vessel shall be filled to overflowing.

man ko hoe sa(n)thokh dhhiaaeeai sadhaa har ||

The mind becomes content, meditating forever on the Lord.

so lagaa sathigur saev jaa ko karam dhhur ||6||

He alone dedicates himself to the Guru's service, unto whom the Lord has granted His Grace. ||6||

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you SHOULD let your family know. The easiest way to love Guru Ji is to feel like a sikh of Guru Ji, and the best way to do that is dress and act like a sikh of Guru Ji. If your trying to hide this from your family, they're sort of winning.

Just a suggestion but you may wanna try it :)

Good luck

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.
    • Leaving aside Guru ji, the general question of taking afeem (opium) in limited quantities for war/medical wounds is simply unproblematic. When you go to the hospital, they give you morphine. What do you think morphine is? It's an opiate. Even codeine (cough syrup) is an opiate! Ever had a cough? Granted, it is against Gurmat to take opium or other drugs for the fun of it.

Important Information

Terms of Use