What's *really* Going On In Sikh/india Politics

Singh132

Why? Because we are small and ripe for attack. We have no strong media voice and are inconvenient as a community to the vast majority of larger societal systems. Our emphasis on Sikh identity grates against both the Saffron agenda in India and the attempts by western society to merge everyone into one big brainless lump. Our values of directly fighting for our rights is exactly what larger conservative societies want to stamp out of the common people to keep them as convenient compliant sheep. I imagine they want to stamp that spirit out of us by involving us in endless controversies which spend our energy, emotions and intelligence.

Sikhs should stop choosing leaders who are not highly educated and lack the characteristics of foresight and honesty. Sadly we choose people who are the exact opposite. We need to ask ourselves why are we so easily excitable as a community. It seems anyone with half a strategy can push us into some self destructive corner. Pindu simplemindedness plays its part in this I imagine.

I like the way you talk dalsingh101 (maybe I will give you my copy of Panth Parkash, but only if you meet me in person! :) ) But I disagree about the pindu simple mindedness. I have family who live in 'the pind' and they are not stupid or simple. There are many factors that have led to our Sikh leadership situation, one of the most prominent being the flight of hundreds of thousands of land owning Punjabis from the Doaba region since the 1950s. If you take away a huge chunk of any society's influential citizens, a socio-political meltdown is likely to follow. The closure of mills in Nawanshehr and Jallandhar cost countless people their livelihoods and led them to seek solace elsewhere, be it in the West or in heroin.

I would go as far as saying it is even easy for organisations to be SET UP within the Panth by outsiders.

Take a look at the users of this Forum if you don't believe this. Used by covert intelligence agencies, religious extremists, race-hate groups etc. all in the guise of Sikhs. I am not at all conspiratorial in this claim. As 'S1ngh' will remember, he and I fought an internet war with 2 users from India who claimed to be 2 different people. Not only were they posting from the same computer terminal, but they were lying about their identity as we discovered. Outside of the internet you can find countless Sikh 'leaders' in the UK and no doubt in North America who are playing by their own agenda or that of an anti-Sikh interest. These are not old wives' tales, but factual accounts that any old Feddy's will regale to you.

Think BIG PICTURE. The Brahmins who control India think centuries ahead. Fact. Look at what we have come through in our short history. At one stage of our existence there were barely thousands left all in hiding. New borns were speared alive, mothers were ripped from homes and men were killed for sport. Today the extent of our troubles physically is in effigies being burnt. Our real troubles today are not that photos of Sant Ji are burnt at all. It is through the repeated economic measures which destabalize the State, lack of respect for the judiciary, elimination of checks and balances within the constitution, failure to control rampant abuse of illegal substances, subjagation of theocratic institutions, just to mention a few.

PS. dalsingh101, mann_kaum_layee_qurbaan and singh132 could you please message me privately if you would like to talk further about writing and Sikh youth? No worries if you don't... :@ Anybody else who might be interested actually too!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh come on guys. wats everybody talking all this crap about picking the right leader. are you guys joking? how long any of you guys acutally lived in punjab? its not about who got the best ideas, in pujab its about whos got the deep pockets. the show is run by big shots, and they have little people doing all the dirty work. to say that people get the wrong person's elected or into gov. is just stupid. its not punjab gov. thats screwing us. there taking orders from congress, just like everybody else in india. to say that its pindu fault and all that is just nonsence.

you guys think the dharam yudh morcha was run by a bunch of hot heads? and they were morally weak?

we sit here 30,000 miles away and give our reasoning, when we have no clue on how it works in punjab.

only people living there can tell us what the situations are, and we still here are not going to change em over the internet.

the only reason the gov. gots problems with us, is becasue somebody told them that they were wrong, and some body actually challenged them. and they had no answer for that person.

that 1 person prooved that whatever the gov. was doing to the sikhs were doing wrong, and that people need to wake up, and take action for themselves.

and now were saying we need to stop taking care of people right? so they can just keep on going with what they were doing?

you guys know why sant ji was the way he was, and why he told people to say away from politics? becasue when your into politics, you are money hungry, and then you dont care about people getting mistreated or whatever, as long as you get your money right? and theres the problem with our political parties. its money people.

and sant ji didnt care about all that stuff, he didnt care about what anybody in congress or whatever thought about him, and thats why he stoodup.

we all say "oh yea we support sant ji"

and then we say "oh lets not take care of people" "or lets not become hot heads"

yea, becasue sant ji was a hot head right?

well guess what, sant ji says to take care of as many people who take rights away form you, but stay true with bani, and if do that, there is no power that can stop guru ka lal.

why not take action? jee, if only guru gobind singh ji didnt take action either, then we could at least say that we dont have to either.

but he didnt say to sit around all day, and do nothing about the people who run around and take rights away from you.

if it was about the people you choose, then omg, no country anywhere would get into corruption or any political problem.

its the people who sit back and call the shots....and those are not the ones that poeple were voteing for.......

the problem is the majority. and we are the minorty.

the majority runs congress, and congress runs the show.....

but all this is nonsence if we first dont fix ourselvs.......

sikhs gots a "cheat code" in life, but why we dont we wanna use it?

We all need to go back to basics and remember the courage, bravery, compassion, open heartedness and mindedness that our Gurus demonstrated and base our society on that.

Big talk.....harder to make reality.

We all need to go back to basics and remember the courage, bravery, compassion, open heartedness and mindedness that our Gurus demonstrated and base our society on that.

your right bro, and the biggest thing was the bani...and now people dont see that....

I'm not talking about purely reciting bani but the development of moral character in Sikhs. Bani/simran can help with that but remember that even KPS Gill does paath as do many of our corrupt leaders. So this is a separate issue of instilling plain old good values in people so that they are NOT easily corruptable with money and power.

your right bro, and the biggest thing was the bani...and now people dont see that....

I'm not talking about purely reciting bani but the development of moral character in Sikhs. Bani/simran can help with that but remember that even KPS Gill does paath as do many of our corrupt leaders. So this is a separate issue of instilling plain old good values in people so that they are NOT easily corruptable with money and power.

lol, there is difference, and guru ji knows when your doing paath for power and money, and he knows it when your doing it for the panth, and chardi kala of khalsa. he knows.

and we need role models.

the biggest role model of our time, and people dont even see him as "sant", people see him as terriorst. and thats the problems. peoples way of thinking.

maybe if everbody did paath, and then listen to some dharam yudh morcha... tongue.gif

lol, there is difference, and guru ji knows when your doing paath for power and money, and he knows it when your doing it for the panth, and chardi kala of khalsa. he knows.

and we need role models.

the biggest role model of our time, and people dont even see him as "sant", people see him as terriorst. and thats the problems. peoples way of thinking.

maybe if everbody did paath, and then listen to some dharam yudh morcha... tongue.gif

If people simply raised their children telling them about the importance of integrity, honesty and being firm in the face of temptations - it may well have a big impact. But if we continue to directly and indirectly push economic success as the biggest measure of success amongst our society then we shouldn't be surprised that people will go to all sorts of lengths to achieve this.

i agree with that^^^.

parents have big big effect on a person.....

No one wants to be poor and suffering but we have placed such a high value on financial success now that it overrides everything else......

Parents just push for kids to go uni, get educated, get a big job etc. and don't really push for much else...look at that <banned word filter activated> girl from B'ham as an example. She had top A Levels and was going into a top dentistry position but was sh4gging around with some married bloke.

We have lost our moral compass as a community.