Need Help With 1984 Essay...

This is a good book on Delhi Massacre: GOVERNMENT ORGANISED CARNAGE [sarkari Qatl-e-Aam].doc

It gives eye witness accounts of what happened in Delhi.

Also mention Indira's 'operation shanti': http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=32981

I agree with whoever mentioned it above, try to use non-Sikh sources as much as possible, that way it will have more credability to it.

I don't think Canadian government could have done anything to prevent it.

Great book definatly use it ... may have a essay at home that i previously did so will try and find and upload it...

Make sure your essay is not biased ...

use other sources such as human rights organisations

use books but say where you got your information from ... good book by Cynthia Keppley Mahmood - Fighting for faith and nation .

Hope this helps

thanks alot guys! but i can't find links on outside-sikh sources...

also,

a few questions that i must answer are what legacy has ben passed on, and what could the Canadian goverment had done?

to what extent should people in contemporary societies respond to the legacies of historical globalization?

i can't think of a good introo.... i have finished the background info and most of the actual genocide, but haven't started an intro..

thanks again tho

Singh may be the government could not do much ... depending on the veiw you take if they knew or not but whatthey could have done was say that it was wrong to attack .... the government could have approached indra and asked her why she did what she did what support does she have, why she needed to send in an army instead of police (make sure you stress that they had arrested sant ji 3 times before on fabricated charges and each time he had gone peacefully and been released without charge). if you put across that they did not know then you sshould also put across that there was a international cry from sikhs across the world but no country supported us in the time of need as we are a minority ... also remmember india has the largest land army in the world so they would not want to do something any way .... also the Nov Genocide was an organised thing and again a national and international cry but no help ... did they still not know this was going on ..... what you can do is put across the partnerships the two countries had in place then and stress the impact of Canada saying anything at that time ... Mention that what they could have done was provide support to the sikhs after sucha massacre but no international aid was given (correct me if i am wrong).

Mainly you can only say what they can do now which is

Support the cause for sikh independence

Support sikhs in getting equal status/ rights

Pressure the government to punish those that are seen guilty... they could ask for a international pannel to be puit in place to discuss ... as we know we will not get any where in india

Bann those that are guilty from entering Canada and any staus or borders controllled by the central government

Ask the government to provide support on why they attacked the golden temple complex... why not send in the police

Ask why the Army went in with no respect..

Ask the governmet to stop the systematical approach in distroying sikh... distorting historicall facts , not teaching the kids the truth abot the gurus... teaching kids that we are hindus and not as sperate religion

ASK the government to question why in article 25 of the indian consitution does not recognise Sikhs are a seperate religion

How come they have gone bgack on their promises made to sikhs during 1947

How come a country the sposed largest democarcy in the world treats it minoritys as second class citizens

how can they show their support by ---

Boycotting and discontinuing trade : for example PM Gordon brown did not go to the summit as mugabee would be their i respect the man for that as he is the one person who has shown he will not stand for hipocracy and believes in the human rights of all ... how many sikhs have done the same... how diffrent is mugabee

Ban or arrest those that are guilty

apply pressure on the government to let in human right groups

apply pressure for the justice

implement a international jury to pursue and bring the guilty to court

sorry bhaji went off the track a few times but hopefully gives you some food for thought ... if not im sorry .. actually either way im sorry as you probly didnt want to think as much... also bhaji is this for a law subject english subject etc ....

hope fully i have helped

Kind regards

BA51NGH

GURU KA PYARA

SANGAT KA PYARA

WJKK

WJKF