Flat For Rent In Glasgow - Looking For 2 Amrit Dharee Singhs

Waheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh Jee !!

I think the topic name says it all really!

I'm a Scottish born Amrit dhari Singh living in Glasgow studying Aeronautical Engineering at Glasgow University.

My dad has a flat here which I am living in just now by myself but have rooms free. I could easily rent to any male studying at Glasgow University but I want to keep my flat a meat free zone. I want my rehat to main intact! If I had non-Sikh tenants, then I'd have to be respectful to how loud I play my keertan, tabla, paath and so on!

Of course, it may come to that and I will come to an agreement and respect my tenants needs. When it comes to food, I could have my own shelf on the fridge, my own cupboards and not let them use any of my pots/pans/plates/cutlery. I just thought I should share that for anyone else who's having the same issues!

If there are any Singhs out there that might want to study at Glasgow University, Strathclyde University or Caledonian University, my flat is fantastic distance from all of them, especially Glasgow University. I am just about to finish my 1st year in June so I have 4 years left which you could live in the flat, even longer if you wanted. A room would be around £300 + bills per month. I'd be hoping for the tenants to move in on the 1st August - or the tenancy agreement to start then anyway! As a student there is no council tax to pay!! yipee!! so the bills would only include broadband/phone/gas/electricity/factoring.

I'd like to add that there are NO tuition fees to pay in Scotland so maybe that's something to think about!! Even if you're from England, they are free if you come to study in Scotland.

Finally, I'm not sure when UCAS applications are meant to be in and if they had to be in a while ago, then obviously the Singhs looking at this topic might not be able to rent even if they wanted to! If there still is time to change UCAS, in general, Glasgow University is in the top 100 in the world! It's one of the top in UK for engineering and has a great atmosphere so very much worth looking at. The other Universities, Strathclyde especially are very good as well (reputation wise). Additionally, you guys could always go for clearing later in the summer if UCAS had to be in and you're interested in moving up! I keep talking about "coming up to Scotland" because the majority of you guys on Sikh Sangat are in England!!

I didn't know where to post this topic - so hopefully it isn't moved in to a random folder where I don't know! If it is let me know!!

Any of you who are interested - please feel free to email me on preet996@hotmail.com

May Guru bless us all with Naam, Sangat & Sewa!

Preetcharan Singh

WAAAHGURROOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Waheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh Jee !!

wjkk wjkf jee

thank you darmy! I appreicate your support - i wish you would and come live with me ... :s

On a more important note, August may seem far away but in the whole property business, i'm afraid to say that August is not far down the line at all. Tenancy agreements need to be sorted, I obviously need to meet the Singh along with family, and my dad has to mainly sort this out. He/they have to prepare to move up to Scotland. There are A LOT of things which need to be organised between now and August so the sooner the better matey.

So if any of you have a thought of interest and think that maybe, "Awww i'll give the dude an email in a few months", I'd appreciate that email now because time is of the essence! If no one replies, then I will have to get goray tenants maybe at the start of summer! booo hooo

Save the Small Scottish Sikh!!! hehehe

WaaaaheeeGurrrrooooo!!!

God Bless everyone!!

wjkk wjkf jee

• 4 weeks later...

Gurfateh

Are you only looking for students?

Advertise in your local gurdwara, or put the word around to sangat in glasgow,

ok you might not get Amritdhari Gursikhs, but you might at least get panjabis who will hopefulyl respect your rehit.

If this fails, tell potential Gora flatmates, the rules before they sign any agreement, at the end of the day, it's your dads flat, so you can be choosey.

But if you are gonana go for Gora, maybe go for professionals rather than students, as professionals may be 'more quieter' than students.

Gurfateh ji

wjkk wjkf jee

time is running out...

Is there anyone interested in this offer? Do you know of anyone who may be interested? Is there anywhere else I could advertise for Amritdhari Singhs?

Help out a brother eh !! tongue.gif

wjkk wjkf jee

wjkk wjkf jee

If i get students, then collectively, we don't have to pay council tax. If I rent out to a professional, then I wouldn't be able to bring them in to a tenancy agreement because if I did, then they by law must pay council tax which will add a lot to the rent.

I plan to advertise at the Gurdwaray in Glasgow - hopefully get some singhs that are vegetarian at least!

It would be an ideal situation to have amrit dhari's but at the end of the day, you're right - it's my dads flat - we can certainly lay down the rules. I have found a Hindu vegetarian so that could work.

It would definitely be better to have a professional - they would most likely be light drinkers, more respectful and probably at work most the time but as i mentioned before, they would then force a council tax on the flat which is a lot for where the flat is.

Ardaas/Kirpa is the only way forward - I'm not worried about the situation - Guru has his plans for me!

thanks for your replies...please pass this on so people know about it!

wjkk wjkf jee