For Bhai Sahib Ji And The Uk Youth Thread.

Guest Guest

I am posting here cos I cannot sign in. I removed cookies etc so rab janeh whats the problem.

Anyways Bhai Sahib Ji I wanted to let you know that I agree with you so much. This is why I stopped going gurdwara. I went back and its the same filth man. Trouble is I tried posting on this forum about clubbing and why its considered okay for amritdhari sikhs to go to such places. Instead of people listening they said I has no right to judge them and so I got ego problems. So i guess next time gurdwara commitee allow beadbi I cannot say anything cos I have ego problems. When people don't wanna listen there is very little you can do.

Also about what you have seen. I have seen it to!!!! I know what you are saying. I have met the types of people you have spoken about. I think what made it unbearable was that these people are misleading innocent youths. THATS WHY THE SITUATION HAS GOT WORSE, MISLEAD PPL MISLEADING OTHERS. I think people like you and me shud take up leaderhship, run the camps and be involved in the politics of it all otherwise situation is gonna get worse.

Removal of hair by Bibia

I understand this completely. You know I used to read the Question and Answer part of a well known sikh internet. A girl wanted to know if she could take Laser surgery before Amrit and one of the site organisers were like 'I had laser surgery before I took amrit. This would not break your rehat because you would not be removing hair and what you do before amrit doesn't count'

Another answer on this site was to dye your body hair blonde cos apparently thats ok. By the way I am a girl and I don't remove my hair anywhere but I have met and been friends with people who remove all or part hair. Here's the most sad part - I have not met a single girl who does not remove hair. All girls I know remove hair whether this be eyebrows, arms, upper lip or random odd hair under chin.

However I think - - why bother keeping your head hair, why bother wearing dastaar then? Its okay if u know what ure doing is not right but the trouble is these people think its okay and they tell others its okay. So much so that I met someone who took Amrit from a certain place only cos in her words 'that Amrit is better cos it allows u to remove some kesh as long as its not head hair'

Relationships - I won’t name names but a so called chardikala kirtani sits on stages with a bibi who is known to be dating him.

This is very true - how you take the words out of my mouth! I noticed this too.

Dancing

This is really true. I met a singh when I was at first yr of uni. I was quite happy to meet a singh cos I was feeling low, my sikhi was low too and I thought this person would bounce my sikhi spirit back into me. The guy was chardi kala sikh who did parchaar and youth talks. DESPITE doing all this the he is and was a complete tramp. Can you believe it but he told me to go clubbing and said how he goes cos 'its all about if you can fit in with the crowd'.

I then asked if he had taken amrit and he said yes and winked at me. I know my sikhi was low but cmon it wasn't that low....since then I have met a huge crowd of amritdhari clubbers. Do it by all means but please don't do parchaar and say it is okay. Please don't ask me or others to come with you. However my heart breaks as these people will not stop taking other innocent people down their route....I too feel like bhai sahib that I can only but voice these concerns cos what else can I do??? I feel knowledge is power and maybe some innocent will read this and realise incorrect teachings.

Justification of Actions

Yea i know what you mean. You hear something stupid like well Tigerstyle took Amrit and they go to clubs..so it is okay....and ure like oh I see so Tigerstyle is your Guru?

Failure of Sikhi Camps

The main ‘informal parcharks’ keep in touch with the youth via msn and e-mail which the main organisers do not do. Mainly because they spend significant time organising the camp and making sure it runs smoothly they do not have time to create that personnel link with the campers that these ‘informal parcharks’ have the ability to do.

This is really true. When I was little Camps were kinda okay. You had good sangat there but nowadays its all about networking.

What should be done?

This is the question I do not have an answer for. Doing nothing is not an option

I feel like this. :s I guess we can talk about it over sikhsangat and maybe someone will know to be more careful.