How I Became A Sikh

singhballer, surinderjit himself is a gora sikh and lives in same city as those 3ho sikhs (espanole, new mexico).. so i suppose he knows them better than you do..

I live in pennsylvannia, not new mexico, bhaiji :D

Second, yoga has methods of bringing ones energy, through your central chanel - activated by mantra, to rise up through the chakras, and to join at the top of the head in order to "realize" God. And that is done mainly on your part. The mantra, sure, are from God - but you use them, so you force yourself to return to God, whether he wants you to or not.

PS. i have been a tibetan Buddhist for 2 years, ad have received amrit in sadhanas of Akshobhya, and Rigjed Lhamo/kurukulle.

As far as Gurbani is concerned...

-------------------------------

ਅੰਤਰਗਤਿ ਤੀਰਥਿ ਮਲਿ ਨਾਉ ॥

Anṯargaṯ ṯirath mal nā­o.

cleanse yourself with the Name, at the sacred shrine deep within.

ਸਭਿ ਗੁਣ ਤੇਰੇ ਮੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਕੋਇ ॥

Sabẖ guṇ ṯėrė mai nāhī ko­ė.

All virtues are Yours, Lord, I have none at all.

ਵਿਣੁ ਗੁਣ ਕੀਤੇ ਭਗਤਿ ਨ ਹੋਇ ॥

viṇ guṇ kīṯė bẖagaṯ na ho­ė.

Without virtue, there is no devotional worship.

ਸੁਅਸਤਿ ਆਥਿ ਬਾਣੀ ਬਰਮਾਉ ॥

Su­asaṯ āth baṇī barmā­o.

I bow to the Lord of the World, to His Word, to Brahma the Creator.

----------------------------------------

This is in Japji sahib.

"all virtues are yours..."

God as all virtues.

"I have nine at all"

We lack virtue, unless God gives it to us.

"Without virtue, there is no devotional worship."

Without that virtue, that God gives us, there is no worship.

As far as i'm concerned, hindus take things into their own hands, and therefore, none of them really do reach a level of spiritual perfection akin to what can be found in Sikhism.

If Hinduism can et you to God, what are we all doing being Sikhs?

Please ponder over this.

singhballer, surinderjit himself is a gora sikh and lives in same city as those 3ho sikhs (espanole, new mexico).. so i suppose he knows them better than you do..

You guys should feel ashamed of yourselves. This story was posted to inspire, not to cause a ruckus. If you guys can't get inspiration, don't spoil it for others.

Inspiring, thats fine.

I agree, it is inspirational.

However, thinking that Kundalini Yoga alone can get you there, you are incorrect.

Using kundalini yoga to stretch and what not fine. But then go and do bikram yoga. Kundalini is for the energy of the central channel to raise up from the spine through the chakras in order to become more "attuned" with God.

mehtab, i dont wanna turn this into a arguement

but still ur wrong... coz most brahmins are bad to sikhs.. history is full of proofs... GANGU DHAR KAUL, INDIRA GANDHI, JAWAHAR NEHRU etc

all were brahmins

and did so much good to sikh panth (if anyone reading can't note sarcasm; then shame on u for not knowing history)

and surinder bhaji... lols.. i'm stupid... i thought u had told u lived in new mexico.. but when i rechecked the pm i found out that it is indeed pennsylvania...

Bhai Mati Das and Bhai Sati Das were Brahmins before they became Sikhs. Bhai Rama Singh Jee was a Brahmin before he took Amrit. Not satisfied? Here is more...

Gyani Pinderpal Singh ji talks about the sakhi of Pandit Shiv Dutt and Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj.

Taken from http://www.gurmat.info/sms/smspublications...ldier/chapter1/

Sometimes for fun and sport Gobind Rai would take his gang of friends to the riverside where they would play tricks on the greedy and false prophets. They would throw cold water at them and drench their clothes. They took away their begging bowls when they sat with their eyes closed like cranes. The complaints against Gobind Rai multiplied.

Once, the boys gathered rotund a saint named Shiv Dutt to try their tricks on him. Shiv Dutt was in deep meditation, so Gobind Rai stopped them from making fun of him. They were going to disobey him when he said "Come along friends, there is more here than meets the eye. Follow me and keep quiet." Young Gobind Rai drew near to Shiv Dutt and said "Good sir, open your eyes." As Shiv Dutt looked at young Gobind Rai, tears rolled down his cheeks and without a word he touched Gobind Rai's feet. Gobind Rai told Shiv Dutt to sit again and apologized for disturbing him. Then he said, "Dear friends, where God's glory is seen, it should be a pleasing sight. Train your sight so that you may be able to see God's Light where it is reflected." From then on the boys ceased to molest Shiv Dutt who proclaimed that Gobind Rai was not an ordinary child but an enlightened one. Shiv Dutt began to sing the praises of Gobind Rai, loved him dearly, and met him frequently.

And from what I remember from Gyani Pinderpal Singh ji's katha, Gurujee in His childhood would come from behind and shut Pandit Shiv Dutt's eyes and say "Pandit jee jhaat" (Pandit Jee look who is here), and the Pandit would reply "mera Bala Preetam". After Gurujee became the tenth Guru at Anandpur Sahib, and was known as Kalgiya wala, Pandit Shiv Dutt came to see Gurujee. Once again Gurujee came from back and closed his eyes from behind and said "Pandit jee jhaat", and the Pandit replied "mera Kalgiya wala", but Gurujee hugged him and replied "For you I am still your Bala Preetam".

Open your eyes! Gurujee never hated anyone, never insulted anyone's religion! He only encouraged everyone to follow the truth. Get out of your small mindset and see the bigger picture (which is a joke since I know that I am still beating my head against a wall).

Still not satisfied? I still have more...

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=3516&hl=

Bhai Jodh Jee was a Brahman by caste. He was intellectual and held knowledge. He came to visit Guru Angad Jee's darbaar (court). He experienced happiness, which he never felt before. Everyday Bhai Jodh would listen to Guru's Keertan and sermon and then go to the Langar Hall, where he would wash all the jhoote bhaandey (dirty dishes) of the Sangat.

The GurSikhs saw that Bhai Jodh does a lot of Sewa but he does not sit in Pangat (with the congregation) to eat Langar. It must be because he is a Brahman and thinks he is higher than us that he doesn't eat with rest of Guru's Sangat. The GurSikhs reported this to Guru Angad. "Guru Angad Jee, Bhai Jodh does a lot of Sewa but he does not eat Langar in Pangat". Guru Angad Jee called Bhai Jodh to see him. Bhai Jodh arrived in the presence of the Guru.

Guru Angad Jee asked him, 'Bhai Jodh is it true that you do not eat in the Pangat like the rest of the Sangat?' 'No Maharaj! I do eat in the Sangat,' replied Bhai Jodh. The GurSikhs said, 'see, now he is a liar as well!" The Guru told Bhai Jodh, "you are holding something from me. When do you eat your Langar? Tell me."

Bhai Jodh, now had tears in his eyes and he told the Guru infront of the GurSikhs, 'Maharaj, when I clean the dirty dishes of the Sangat, sometimes people leave jhoot (left overs). I collect the jhoot of the Sangat in a small bowl. When all the Sangat leave, I then eat the left over jhoot.'

The listeners by where shocked to hear this, they thought Bhai Jodh didn't eat the rest becaus

e of his pride and ego. But they were wrong, how could a person be so humble and consider themselves so low. Guru Jee asked Bhai Jodh, 'O Sikh, why do eat the left overs of the Sangat. What makes you eat Jhoot?"

Bhai Jodh replied, "Maharaj, when I came to see you for the first time, I had a ego and pride that I was an educated Brahman. But I heard from you Guru Jee, that when we have hankaar (ego) we cannot obtain the happiness. Maharaj I hear from you that you don't like maan (pride) and hankaar (ego)." "I put jhoot in the mouth of hankaar, in the mouth of my Ego, the thing that doesn't let me get happiness", said Bhai Jodh.

"Don't say that Bhai Jodh!" replied the Guru. "Your sins have been washed, the Guru now dwells within you".

The next day, Bhai Jodh sat in the Pangat (congregation) and ate Langar. Some people come to the Gurdwara just to criticise and pick up faults of people, we see this today. To get happiness (kushiaan) it is hard. You have to endure lots – sewa (selfless service), simran (meditation) as well as criticism as this is the sign of living in Kaljug (era of falsehood).

The GurSikhs who reported Bhai Jodh the day before saw him eating in the Pangat. They told him, "Why are you eating in the Pangat? Has the leftovers (jhoot) finished or something? We knew you were a Pakandee, a fake."

Now the reply Bhai Jodh said was heart moving (in Bairaag). "I ate Jooth before because I had ego and pride within me. But now within me in the Guru (the Guru's teachings were enshrined in his heart). You can put a dirty spoon in the mouth of Ego. Ego used to dwell within me. But when look within me now, when I contemplate within now, I see only the Guru and only feel the Guru. When I eat I, I eat for the Guru, I feed Guru within. I cannot feed my Guru jhoot so I cannot feed my Guru jhoot which resides within me."

Guru Angad Maharaj Jee over heard this conversation. He hugged and embraced Bhai Jodh Jee. "I will give you now all the happiness' Bhai Jodh", said Guru Jee.

But the person who is happy with the Guru, then what else does he need in the world. Hence Bhai Gurdass Jee called Bhai Jodh "devtaa" (Godly).

You call yourself a Sikh and hate people based on their race. Sahib Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Jee gave us an example of love by sacrificing His life for the freedom of religion of these same Brahmins you hate so much. Their leader Kirpa Ram became Kirpa Singh and was shaheed at Chamkaur.

Will you classify KP Gill, Beant Sio, Gen. Brar, Parkash Badal as Sikhs? If you will not, then you have no right to classify Gangu Bahman, Indira Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru as Hindus either. You are still too young and so much hatred at this age is not good. But its no point arguing with you. You are not going to change.

May Gurujee give you sumat to see beyond a person's background and hate them just for being the way God made them!

And thanks for spoiling this thread!

Mehtab Singh ji,

Please forgive my hatred.

I will change.

Bhull chak maf karni.

Don't ask forgiveness from me brother. I am the most imperfect human being. It just disappoints me that we are trying to gain inspiration from a Sikh's life and some who don't agree with a few things make a big deal. I am sorry if I offended you, although I never said a word against you.

I never was offended, i was just trying to build up walls of "right and wrong", painted with hatred.

That is why i have been searching a,, my life, wandering from religion to religion.

Waheguru ji di kirpa hai, this wandering has stopped.

Just know one thing Surinderjit brother, we are Sikhs! You are a Sikh! What is a Sikh? Here is my personal definition

S= shahadat/martyrdom for truth , a Sikh's aim

I= ibadat/worship of God, a Sikh's lifestyle

K= khidmat/service of humanity, a Sikh's duty

H= hifazat/protection of the oppressed, a Sikh's responsibility

We are Sikhs of a Guru who sacrificed His life for the welfare of another religion. We are the spiritual descendants of Sikhs like Bhai Kanhaiya who didn't see any difference between friend or foe.

bhul chuk maaf