Capacity To Give And Take

wjkk wjkf

Capacity to Give and Take

January 23rd, 2008 Post a Comment »

Here is a quote that I typed up a week or so when I was watching the video that I posted earlier about the mind. I thought it was very relevant and worth sharing, since most of us don’t always relate to giving, and what the reasons are that we do this as Sikhs.

"You cannot give to anybody if you do not have it. You cannot give anybody satisfaction if you don’t have it. If there is a glass; Suppose this glass has nothing in it. It can’t give anything. All it can give me is it’s glasshood. But if this glass has water, then it can give itself to me with water, which I can take. You all want to take everything! Remember this law…You cannot take until you give. If you do not know how to give you will never be in a position to take. There is a place….right? If you do not make some space and do not empty some things, where are you going to put the other things? The problem is that you all get drowned because you take and take and take…and you have no place for things. You don’t have the capacity to take. First create the capacity to take, then take. And the law of capacity to take is: first give. Because the world is governed by the law of vacuum, which is that there can be no vacuum. When you create the vacuum, things will come in…." - SSS Harbhajan Singh Khalsa - June 25 1987, Summer Solstice

This quote also relates to giving in relation to our time and money. As Sikhs we are supposed to give Dasvandh (10% of our earnings) back to the community and those in need. By giving you create this "vacuum" and the capacity to receive even more.

Try n get your heads round that one...