Bhajji In Australia

Raju

wow ! If one of Bhajji's own will make fun of him then who else is going to support him ? If even you are not going to support him based on some petty differences then why do you think anyone is going to take you seriously ?

As far as I see he has a genuine case of grievance. Aussies have always linked with ICC and CA and targeted select players whom they feel can be penalized based on past records.

They play dirty and they deserve dirt.

'It was as if it was Harbhajan v Australia'

Cricinfo staff

March 7, 2008

Harbhajan Singh, embroiled in more than one controversy during India's tour of Australia, has, in separate newspaper interviews, criticised the Australian team for being "arrogant" and has also come out strongly against Matthew Hayden and Adam Gilchrist.

This trip, he told the Hindu, was the most challenging of his career. "It was as if the series was Harbhajan Singh versus Australia."

Harbhajan was charged with - and subsequently cleared - making a racist remark at Andrew Symonds and said he was upset when Hayden and Gilchrist both supported Symonds.

He was quoted by the Delhi-based tabloid Mail Today calling Hayden "a big liar", though he later denied those comments. The paper also quoted him as saying Gilchrist was "not a saint".

He was, however, all praise for Brett Lee, saying he was different from his team-mates. "Lee never spoke in the same manner as the rest of his team-mates. He never uttered any nonsense to us and kept visiting our dressing-room even after Sydney," he said.

"I had always wanted to do well against Australia. We were all proud of ourselves that we did well in Australia. They are a dominating team but I have had a good record against them. I had to match their aggression and that is what I did."

According to Harbhajan, it wasn't just the Australian players, but also the public and the press, who were against the Indian team. "I can understand the public wanting to support their team but I made them realise that I also played cricket the tough way. I was not in Australia to make friends. I was there to play for my country and win. And win we did."

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/india/cont...ory/341373.html

Australians Hate Losing

A splendid victory, but it's a base camp for the assault on the peak: Tests

Peter Lalor

There is one thing you have to understand about Australians and it probably isn't so unique, but it needs to be said loud and clear: Australians hate losing. Hate it and are not used to it. Nonetheless, the one-day series loss to India will be shrugged off or accepted with good humour and grace. Village idiots aside.

Most Australians desperately wanted the Indian team beaten. Make no mistake about it, this has been one bitter series and there was a great desire to square up for perceived wrongs. The locals, rightly or wrongly, felt the Indian cricket board used its financial muscle to intimidate. India might well counter that the Australian team had done a similar thing on the field for years.

Many Australians wanted to see Harbhajan Singh go home with his tail between his legs, but in the end he got one up on Symonds, Hayden, Ponting and the ICC appeals process (an error by the game's guardians allowed him to escape a ban). That smarts for Australians, as does losing, but everything will be kept in context. Maybe next time people inside and outside the team will realise there is little point playing the man in a non-contact sport.

lnk