Amrit Sanchaar (20 Apr 08)- Birmngham

JarnailS

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Occasion: Amrit Sanchaar

Place: Guru Nanak Nishkaam Sevak Jatha (GNNSJ)

Hall No: 4

Date: 20-April-2008

Time: 09:00am-13:00pm

City: Birmingham

After Amrit Sanchaar, Chula of the Amrit will be given to the sangat present in the hall.

Good Luck and those who have already made their mind, Congratulations and those who were blessed with Amrit di Daat on Vaisakhi day- Welcome to the Sikh Family.

Please spread this message to other forums and make more people aware of this Amrit Sanchaar.

Thank you Ji

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

post-10693-1208515542.jpg

wjkk wjkf

after the amrit sanchaar... the amrit that is left in the bata, is given to sangat in the form of CHULA (sip).

in other words, you can say is extra top up that you may need some times to keep your self strong and keep reminding you the awesome time you have had when you took amrit....lol

wjkk wjkf

what is chula jio? will they give 2 everyone in the main hall?

Maaf karna, but this is not Gurmat.

Amrit is received from Guru Sahib after giving one's head. It's not so cheap that it's distributed openly. Punj Pyaaray received amrit after giving their head and to this day to receive amrit you must agree to give your head. Without this commitment amrit is not and cannot be given.

Also, there is no "half amrit" like choola. Choola can be given to someone who is already amritdhari after that person appears before the punj pyaaray, but non-amritdharis do not qualify at all.

Peacemaker,

can you give some quotes from Akal Takhat that suggest there is something like a 'half-amrit' which is called choola? Have you read about it any puratan maryada?

Amrit is not administered in half-measures. Either you are amritdhari or you aren't. You can't be "part amritdhari". You either have given your head to the Guru and in return received amrit and naam or you have not. You can't give part of your head and then get part amrit.

If someone says that giving choola is just a blessing, then this is also not sensible. If someone wants blessings from Guru Sahib, Karah Parshaad is given to everyone. Amrit is not karah parshaad. It is very valuable and should not be given out freely.

At any rate, please see below for what the Maryada says about how amrit is administered. I can't see anything about giving part-amrit or choola:

>>>>>>>>>>>

n. After the Ardas as per clause (I) above, thinking of our Father, the Tenth Master, the wearer of the aigrette, every person seeking to be baptised should sit in Bir Posture putting his/her right hand cupped on the left cupped hand and be made to drink the ambrosial mix five times, as the beloved one who pours the mix into his cupped hand exclaims : say, Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh! (The Khalsa is of the Wondrous Destroyer of darkness; victory, too, is His!) The person being baptised should after imbibing the ambrosia, repeat : Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh. Then five handfuls of the ambrosial mix should he sprinkled into the eyes of the person being baptised and another five into his hair. Each such sprinkling should be accompanied by the beloved one administering baptism saying, "Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh", and the person being baptised repeating the chant. Whatever ambrosial mix is left over after the administration of the ambrosial Baptism to all individual seekers, should be sipped by all (men and women) baptised together.

Guest peacemaker
Peacemaker,

can you give some quotes from Akal Takhat that suggest there is something like a 'half-amrit' which is called choola? Have you read about it any puratan maryada?

Well, I don't know of any. That's why I asked you because you seemed very confident. Anyways, based on what you have shown me, I still don't see any problem with giving "choola" to individuals who are to be blessed with amrit in the future. Of course, I support the idea that those receiving choola, be on their way to keeping some form of rehat and not giving amrit to any "Joe" off the street as if it were some kind of "beverage" to have your fill with.