Aston Sikh Soc Prog

One Man Army

Aston Sikh Soc presents:

Vaisakhi Kirtan and Roti Programme

We know we said that we'd had our final event, but we couldn't resist having just one more! We holding a special kirtan programme to celebrate Vaisakhi together on:

Date: Wednesday 23rd April

time: 6pm till 8pm

And because its Visakhi we also having some propa Punjabi food!! Dal and roti!! So if your hungry for both something spiritual and something round and covered in butter then this is for you!! (check poster attached)

post-4318-1208517763_thumb.jpg

wjkk wjkf

can some one tell me why do we celebrate vaisakhi like its got something to do with 1984 bluestar.....

even the above poster do not represent vaisakhi from any angle. same in nagar kirtans, there are more pictures of sheeds of 1984 then what vaisakhi is all about.

is the youth doing the right way? are we gonna link up every thing to 1984?

wjkk wjkf

firstly the above poster is of darbar sahib. not the 84 attack or "bluestar". 2ndly its a 30 second poster that has been made for a last minute program. sorry for using a picture of darbar sahib in the background for a vaisakhi event. didnt know it was that much of an issue. next time we will plan our poster in advance. thanks. n u in ur post just linked a random pic of darbar sahib 2 84.

wjkk wjkf

veer ji, no need to say sorry to me...

by the way, it was the time in and about 1984 when singhs used to sit with their riffles and guns on the parkarma of shri darbaar sahib..... it never happend before or after bluestar.... i hope i am right?

secondly, there is nothing wrong in using shri darbar sahib ji di picture for vaisakhi event, i was just curious and from the poster it is looking that the even is somehow linked to 1984.

thirdly, i am sorry if i'd have hurt ur feelings about the event.... it is amazing to have these things in uni level... i've been through this stage and i know how good it is at uni sikh soc..

but please bare in mind from next time....

wjkk wjkf

firstly the above poster is of darbar sahib. not the 84 attack or "bluestar". 2ndly its a 30 second poster that has been made for a last minute program. sorry for using a picture of darbar sahib in the background for a vaisakhi event. didnt know it was that much of an issue. next time we will plan our poster in advance. thanks. n u in ur post just linked a random pic of darbar sahib 2 84.

Cant this event happen in the day.... Some people have work and curfew, and im sure if you did this event in the day, you would get much more sangat.

Well organisers.....

Gurfateh ji. due to kirtanees, and room bookin availaility, this was the only time available.