Maharaji For Sale On Ebay!

mophlrkb

Guest Cobra_Commander

I thought it was ok to "sell" English versions. It looks like it wasn't taken good care of anyway. Maybe it will get a better home now.

english translations arent Guru Birs. They are like pothis or references, a Granth is compiled together while translations are in volumes. Im not saying disrespect or nothing but selling a translation is the same as posting tuks on the internet, and having someones pc hard disk full of junk and downloading Gurbani to a junk filled computer.

Some say no Gurbani should be for sale. Only sale to pay for cost of making or then how can anyone afford to make millions of gutkas etc. not as making a million dollars like its a business for gaining capital. like the number one selling book in the world.

Ive seen bibles for sale for $150 "donation" and you get a this and that and this or for $100 dollars you get a cheaper and less elegant looking one etc or for $75 you get a lame almost novel loooking bible, all this to pay for the 15 story ceiling and 300feet by 300 feet glass wall of their church. it was kinda kewl that they separated with highlighter who is saying what and to whom but I think its cheating the people out of the whole bible because they will only look at the highlighted areas to go preach to people, without the full knowledge they are just teaching what they read for the day or month etc.

Id say if he aint taking care maybe someone who has deserving hands will aquire the translations and apply them to understanding Gurmukhi etc

If it were an actual bir then there is a HUGE HUGE HUGE problem, but that is not the case here.

people need to respect all forms of Gurbani but pretending it is a bir is not true because it is in volumes purposely for this reason of disrespect etc.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh !!

Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa

Wahe Guru Ji Ki Fateh.

These volumes are not considered to be the Bir as it is in English and in four volumes.

The Sri Guru Granth Sahib is in one volume, written in Gurmurkhi and has 1430 pages.

This is the first English version which was translated by Dr. Gopal Singh. Another set is also offered on eBay for a much higher amount:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=330250733939

These auctions are not in any violation of eBay policies.

This set was from an Mid-West estate sale in which the original owner, a member of the Radhasoami Satsang sect, had many books and art work of Charan Singh; all of which was also sold on eBay by previous buyer/seller. That seller sold the entire Charan Singh collection on eBay.

I purchased the four volume set for my Sikh reference library, however thought that someone else could also use it.

You may also check Amazon.com for this same set and others which sell there for several hundreds of dollars.

I had received an email from an eBay member yesterday and saw a spike in page views for this listing and figured that the auction was in discussion on a UK forum, and I found this thread.

Thank you for your comments.

Guru Fateh!