Sikh Driver In Sacked Uk For Defecating

(Why does British media always jump on every opportunity to highlight a person's ethincity/religion?)

Posted online: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 04:34:35

Updated: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 04:34:35

London, July 16: A Sikh bus driver in Britain who was sacked after a

passenger said she saw him defecating near a supermarket has denied

the complaint at an employment tribunal saying it was motivated by racism.

Pargat Singh, 63, claimed he was dismissed by Travel West Midlands

without any reason. He said the complaint in October was motivated by

racism. However, he admits that he went behind a wall to urinate but

did not know he was being observed. The firm said his account still

made him guilty of gross misconduct.

Travel West Midlands' staff performance manager Jyoti Kapoor told the

tribunal in Birmingham a customer had claimed the driver had

committed "an act of gross indecency" near a store close to

Coventry's Ricoh Arena on 3 October last year.

The woman, who refused to give her first name or contact details,

alleged he had climbed over a picket fence and defecated on a grass verge.

The passenger said he then wiped his hands on the bars of the fence

before returning to his bus. Kapoor also said the passenger claimed

Singh was abusive to her. "I considered that the passenger complaint

was credible," she said.

"He - Singh - accepted that the passenger had challenged him about

washing his hands when he returned to the vehicle," she was quoted as

saying by the BBC.

"Had driver Singh said the passenger was wrong or that she was lying

then my approach would have been different." She said even if his

employer believed his account of events he was still guilty of gross

misconduct. Singh is being backed by the Unite trade union in his case.

http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/Sikh-driver-in-sacked-UK-for-defecating/336410/

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.
    • Leaving aside Guru ji, the general question of taking afeem (opium) in limited quantities for war/medical wounds is simply unproblematic. When you go to the hospital, they give you morphine. What do you think morphine is? It's an opiate. Even codeine (cough syrup) is an opiate! Ever had a cough? Granted, it is against Gurmat to take opium or other drugs for the fun of it.

Important Information

Terms of Use