Life Without Air-travel

Chalo, atleast no more stress about carrying kirpan on air flights.

Exactly! this kirpaan removal leads to 2 kurehits. One gets separated from a kakaar which is a body part and secondly, one gets shastar-heenas.

A pakka sikh shud die before getting shastar-heenas.

so i'm guessing that neither of you has family overseas? :) what about those of us who do? even my family in america is four days drive from where i am! for some of us, not using air travel is not an option.

even if you don't have family far away, think of all the smagaams you'd miss! oh wait, there wouldn't be any more smagaams, because none of the raagis would be able to travel to them!

Dear Bhain Jeeoo,

There are some sikhs in India who had a chance to go abroad and enjoy a much better standard of life, but they dint as they dint want to remove their kakaar. I RESPECT such people and feel completely ashamed myself in front of such people.

I personally feel that if u do air travel for an important family meeting or for work purpose, its OK. I myself did an air travel last month, but I GOT PESH as soon as I got back.

Baki jo changa lagda karoo.

Dear Bhain Jeeoo,

There are some sikhs in India who had a chance to go abroad and enjoy a much better standard of life, but they dint as they dint want to remove their kakaar. I RESPECT such people and feel completely ashamed myself in front of such people.

I personally feel that if u do air travel for an important family meeting or for work purpose, its OK. I myself did an air travel last month, but I GOT PESH as soon as I got back.

veerji, removing your kirpan for a limited amount of time is not a kurehet you have to pesh for. you simply do ardaas and put it back on. i tend to keep my gatra on while i fly, so that i can replace my kirpan immediately upon landing.

even damdami taksal's rehet says that this is acceptable (i think they refrain from food or drink during the time the kirpan is seperated from their body).

btw, how did you meet these sikhs in india who don't fly? you must have flown there yourself, right? you'd never get the chance to met such respected sikhs if you didn't fly there. :)

Dear Bhain Jeeoo,

veerji, removing your kirpan for a limited amount of time is not a kurehet you have to pesh for. you simply do ardaas and put it back on. i tend to keep my gatra on while i fly, so that i can replace my kirpan immediately upon landing.

even damdami taksal's rehet says that this is acceptable (i think they refrain from food or drink during the time the kirpan is seperated from their body).

btw, how did you meet these sikhs in india who don't fly? you must have flown there yourself, right? you'd never get the chance to met such respected sikhs if you didn't fly there. :)

I am from India only. After getting amrit chakk, I have flown internationally only once, and flew domestic couple of times but had my 6 inch kirpan on during domestic flights.

Its a personal choice whether u want to get pesh or not. I had to flew to singapore for an important conference and thats why I flew but I was feeling terrible bad during my short flight without my sri sahib.