Cholay

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

P_singh...here's a pic of a regular chola (pullover type)...it is closed in the front, has the slits on the sides...one pocket on the left side...if you go to India..go to 'NEW GULATTI TAILORS' in Amritsar Sahib, right by Darbar Sahib (just ask for this shop, its popular)...tell the Singh you want a 'Regular chola'...they also make Nihang ones and Taksali..but if you want Nihang, go to an actual Nihang Singh...if you want Taksali, go to Metha...this chola should cost you no more than 350-400 rupees, including the fabric and labour.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

jjjj1.jpg

Surrey Singh,

Thank you soo much for posting the pic rolleyes.gif ...it makes it easier knowing 'what' the chola should look like once its made etc...I havent been to India for a loooonnnng time and so things will be alot different this time.

I could have got a chola made here in UK, BUT its just too expensive, esp in comparison to India :@

• 2 months later...

Dear Surrey Singh,

I know this is ages from when I last asked you about the 'regular' chola, BUT its just that I should be getting one made now, I'm going to speak to the Granthi/tailor about it tomorrow. I just wanted to know like how many kulia ('pleats') there are on each side of the chola and do ths slits go from the wait to the bottom. :T:

PLEASE get back to me ASAP, as I should be going to speak to him tomorrow about it, thanks, its difficult to figure it out from the pic as it is dark and taken from some distance.

^_^

Bhai Sahib 'Gurbar Akaal'...

I can't make chola's OR anything of that nature myself! Lol, I can't do much, esp not anything like sewing!

I wanted the chola to wear in 3 weeks time and hence wanted to find out about it ASAP, so that I can explain it to the darji (the granthi who makes kurta pajamas, cholas etc) how I want it to be.

BUT, it doesnt matter, I will explain it as well as I can when I speak to the granthi/tailor.

Thanks for your help B)