Haryana Sgpc

sikhizindabad

Through in principle I agree that in India we should have one SGPC. That way representation of sikhs will be better and all will follow same mariayatha But off late the way SGPC & akali dal badal keeping so close to hardcore hindus does not appeal good to me. It may have been okay initially for first few years after militrancy ends in Punjab.

Though Sikhs will get divided but if DSGPC is working fine in delhi then Haryana SGPC may also be fine especially the current leadership of SGPC is good for nothing. The way Vandenti was removed does not appear good. Best option is to give some autonomuos powers to harayana Sikhs within SGPC to run gurudwaras in harayana. And current leadership be changed.

I don't think so tht a diffrent gurdwara parbhandak commitee is a solution. They R all sick.they dunn knw wht they are wht they mean to people.A Akal takhat chief is d head priest of SIKHS n dekhlao ehe kujh nai krde....

Hope some day...Kujh hoyega :gg: jis naal ehna nu apni families ja paise nu chadd k GURU GHAR v Yaad aaunge....

Waheguru Ehna Nu Su-Matt Bakhshan....

i say give them the haryana sgpc, because we need to offset the sgpc which is a tool in the hands of teh akali dal.. for some reason i have a feeling the haryana sgpc will be atool in the hands of the congress. because it is the congress leaders supporting it, and "sevaks" of haryana sgpc will always feel indebted to their founding fathers in the congress.

the congress is saying they are not invoved and its is not a political issue, that's surprising because when did the congress party start believing separation of church and state, or wait correction, start practicing separation of church and state.

another noteworthy thing is this: badal is giving some serious threats regarding the haryana sgpc. he said people won't stand for it. he said it may become a kashmir like situation. ok, please who is he fooling. how many average sikhs in punjab even have a clue about the sgpc? who they are and what they do. most average punjabi sikhs don't even know who makkar is.

badal is the same guy who says militancy is a thing of the past. nobody talks about khalistan anymore except fringe political groups...etc etc...so someone should ask him, how many sikhs actually care about a separate sgpc?

what all thsi proves is that militancy can come to punjab on a political party's whim. badal can have militancy come to punjab if he wishes. because i honestly believe at a grass roots level, people don't give a hoot if sgpc is taking golak money or the haryana sgpc. at the end of the day, some baba is getting some golak money.

anyways. its just a continuation of our poor community falling for these old clever politicians' tricks.

peace.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.
    • Leaving aside Guru ji, the general question of taking afeem (opium) in limited quantities for war/medical wounds is simply unproblematic. When you go to the hospital, they give you morphine. What do you think morphine is? It's an opiate. Even codeine (cough syrup) is an opiate! Ever had a cough? Granted, it is against Gurmat to take opium or other drugs for the fun of it.

Important Information

Terms of Use