No Sign Of Sikhism At My College!

pun9ab1

I just started university here in the States and was shocked when I saw no sign of Sikhism in any of the class required books on class REL 100( which I'm taking by the way). The teacher also told me that he will not be covering Sikhism during the class as well. This just comes a shock to me that universities have decided not to include Sikhism in their studies.

Also, I want to get Sikhism into the REL 100 but I don't know how to approach the faculty about it, any help please

Write a well thought out letter on why Sikhism should be taught in the course. As well, send the letter to the Dean of the School, to the professor in charge, and to any sub comittees in the faculty that are authortative figures.

Include with this a petition to get X number of signatures, which will boost your support of this class, by having the student body interested in the topic and then send away to the people in charge!

and mandeeppraina " u all alone cant make a difference" ....is just obsered...

it only takes one voice to make a difference...

well to the OP good luck to you friend!

i hope so sir

i think we got more than a single voice but still one can see where are we

i appreciate ur wordings that is

it only takes one voice to make a difference...

but where iare those voices .........

Practicality is the best part to live with rather than putting nice lines on the board........

m not pointing you sir but truth is truth

gurufateh

nd i dont wanna discuss nymore about this topic coz i think this is goin other way

well dear fortunate have given you a great idea try this and please let me know if it works

even my wishes are with you

:D

I just started university here in the States and was shocked when I saw no sign of Sikhism in any of the class required books on class REL 100( which I'm taking by the way). The teacher also told me that he will not be covering Sikhism during the class as well. This just comes a shock to me that universities have decided not to include Sikhism in their studies.

Also, I want to get Sikhism into the REL 100 but I don't know how to approach the faculty about it, any help please

What School you go to?

I go to Arizona State University the east wing.

no luck with the professor, I think he's trying to avoid me now because I keep telling him to include it.

However, I just started a discussion about Sikhism in my class and most if not all want the professor to at least go over Sikhism briefly. So hopefully he will give into the demand.

I go to Arizona State University the east wing.

no luck with the professor, I think he's trying to avoid me now because I keep telling him to include it.

However, I just started a discussion about Sikhism in my class and most if not all want the professor to at least go over Sikhism briefly. So hopefully he will give into the demand.

I believe ( I have read somewhere ) there is a significant presence of Sikhs in Phoenix (both , with the Indian/Punjabi background and the Americans who have adopted Sikhi through the influence of Yogi Harbhajan Singh). Perhaps they can be of some help in this regards. Contact the Gurdwaras there. From what I have heard, the American Sikhs from one of the Gurdwaras are very active in this regards