Sikh National Event

SikhRoots

Aavahu Sikh Satguru Ke Pyaario Gaavahu Sachee Baani ||

Come, O beloved Sikhs of the True Guru, and sing the True Word of His Bani.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

October 2008 will mark 300 years since our tenth Guru, Siri Gobind Singh Ji bestowed the Guruship to our Eternal Living Guru, Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

We are delighted to announce that Sikh Sangat and Gurdwara Sahibs from all over the UK are uniting to celebrate this occasion of Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji’s 300th Gurgaddi Divas on a much bigger scale, than ever before in the UK.

This is a major national event, one of the biggest taking place outside of India this year. It is envisaged to receive over 20,000 Sangat throughout the day

Wymeswold Air Field, Prestwold Hall, Loughborough

Sunday 28th September 2008

Ragi, Parcharak, Dhadi & Katha Vachak

Giani Pinderpal Singh Ji – Ludhiana Wale (Confirmed)

Baba Jaswant Singh Ji – Nanaksar Ludhiana Wale (Confirmed)

Bhai Manvir Singh Khalsa - Banbury UK (Confirmed)

Bhai Sarbjeet Singh Ji – Hazoori Ragi Siri Darbaar Sahib Wale (Confirmed)

Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Ji - Dhadrian Wale (To be confirmed)

Giani Thakur Singh Ji – Patiala Wale (To be confirmed)

Sant Anoop Singh Ji – Una Wale (To be confirmed)

(There will be more news on others attending in this thread - so keep checking back)

Timings for Programme

5.00am – Path Sukhmani Sahib Ji (Sarbat Sangat)

6.30am – Path Panj Bania Nitnem (Sarbat Sangat)

7.30am - Asa Dee Vaar Kirtan (Bhai Sarbjeet Singh Hazoori Ragi Siri Harmandir Sahib Ji)

9.30am – Swagat (Welcome) Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji (Maharaj will arrive in the diwaan hall)

Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji are coming from Leicester with Panj Pyare and Sangat

9.45am - Ardaas and Bhog Amrit Vela Diwaan

Special Note: Sangat will also be able to have darshan of Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji’s Paviter Saroop in the smallest size (picture available on our website)

10.00am Start of Main Programme

Katha, Parcharak, Dhadi and Keerthani Jatha timings to be confirmed

5.00pm – Evening Diwaan, Path Sordar Rehraas Sahib Ji

6.00pm - Final Ardaas and Hukamnama

6.30pm – Maharaj will leave for their Niji Asthaan (Gurdwara Sahib)

Open to attendance to Sangat from 5.00am

Loads of things happening on the day including: Kirtan, Katha Vichaar from world famous Jathas. Sikhi Workshops, Gatka, Shin Kin Displays, Sikh Heritage Exhibitions. Plenty of activities for all – young and old! Chips as well!

Guru Ka langar will be served throughout the day

Free Parking On Site for Coaches and Cars (capacity 1,000s)

Live Broadcast:

Digital Satellite Channel 0141 Raaj Radio www.raajradio.co.uk

Digital Satellite Channel 0176 Amritbani Radio www.amritbani.com

Please attend this huge event with all your family and friends and obtain Guru Ji’s Blessings

Programme organised by East Midlands Council of Gurdwaras

For further information, please visit our website:

www.emcg.co.uk

notts%20poster%20final%204.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

captain q

i wouldnt get your hopes up!! I have heard that baba ji is not coming to this prog and its a ploy by the organisers of this prog to bring in more sangat! But i could be wrong!!!!

App its costing about £80,000 - seems a bit of a waste of sangats money for one day! wouldnt that money be better spent on camps for kids, other prachaar even helping the poor

another question is, there is alot of requests for donations, anyone can understand that this program is going to be expensive, but as the sangat has been requested to donate, should we not also have a break down of where the money is being spent, that way people will be more willing to help than just saying on their website that it is costing alot of money

if they can be clear with how much money has come in surely they can be clear in where the money is going?

captain q

i wouldnt get your hopes up!! I have heard that baba ji is not coming to this prog and its a ploy by the organisers of this prog to bring in more sangat! But i could be wrong!!!!

App its costing about £80,000 - seems a bit of a waste of sangats money for one day! wouldnt that money be better spent on camps for kids, other prachaar even helping the poor

if they come it will be GREAT, if they DONT then doesnt matter!

even if it is costing £80 000--- main thing is this will be a wiked event, and mahraj will be there.....who cares about the money??????? i think these days its very hard impressing ppl, nobodys ever happy.

this will be a great event, just like the one in hayes last month...a great event for ekta and parchar....what more would u possibly want?

as for camps etc..there are camps happening at present. this event is for the youth....aimed for youth and organised by the youth!

:)

captain q

if they come it will be GREAT, if they DONT then doesnt matter!

even if it is costing £80 000--- main thing is this will be a wiked event, and mahraj will be there.....who cares about the money??????? i think these days its very hard impressing ppl, nobodys ever happy.

this will be a great event, just like the one in hayes last month...a great event for ekta and parchar....what more would u possibly want?

as for camps etc..there are camps happening at present. this event is for the youth....aimed for youth and organised by the youth!

:)

another question is, there is alot of requests for donations, anyone can understand that this program is going to be expensive, but as the sangat has been requested to donate, should we not also have a break down of where the money is being spent, that way people will be more willing to help than just saying on their website that it is costing alot of money

if they can be clear with how much money has come in surely they can be clear in where the money is going?

if money is required for seva then we should donate. at the end of the day, this event is for sangat, so what difference does it make if we donate?

if anyone has details pls post...more the better : )

if u went to hayes u would have seen how beautiful everything was, so i dont think we should find out how much money goes where---because u can see that for urself.

next time i suggest we look forward to these events and we support them :)

vjkk vjkf

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguroo Ji Ke Fateh! Pyeario!

Sant Ji Has Confirmed he is coming. We Dont listen to what other people tell us ji we listen to what sant ji says, and he said he is coming pyareo.

Even if he wasn't coming, the program is still going to be a massive event and amazing.

looooooool

we are celebrating 300 years of our true living guru on the gurgadhi.

and that is not wasting sangats money ji.

if the sangat don't want to donate then don't, guru ji will always help his gursikhs in need.

and the organises have arranged camps before and im sure they all give to charity.

ok jio, as you wish, daas will ask and get back to you, they might add a bit on there website or let you know in some other way. But I don't see what the problem is ji. All the money is going towards the event. There are contact numbers on the site and on the poster that you can ring, you can also email them, so any information you what you can find out Ji.

No offence but you sound like some person who dont think we should celebrate 300 years of our amazing guru.

Our guru is the king of kings, the giver and taker of all, the highest of high, our guru is so amazing, that we can spend our whole lives praising him and still it wont be enough.

So don't you think that we should celebrate our guru to the max, no matter how much it will cost.

Sorry if daas offended you in anyway, maaf karana ji,

stay in chardi kala pyario

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguroo Ji Ke Fateh!

Guru Pyario

I am so happy with the responses!!!!!! to my original post!!!!

I did this on purpose and forgive me for this!!!

I did this to prove a point! i have been reading the posts on this forum for a few years now and always when it comes to events, you get some <banned word filter activated> trying to put a negative spin on the the efforts of those doing all the hard work!

in this topic, yes i am the <banned word filter activated>! but i did that to show that how easy someone can put a negative on someone trying to do good!

I recently read the posts on the chardi kala jatha tour and how a stupid <banned word filter activated> who does not know any facts just easily posted propaganda to devalue the program and its hard work

my thinking is more programs the better

and for the record like penji above has said the sangat do not need to know where the money is being spent, as the end result is visible!!!!!

please forgive me for my foolishness