Any Linux Fans Out There !11

hellosingh

Hmm... those articles do not tell everything about Linux, nor does it cover the whole general aspect of it. But it's a guide nevertheless catered for some people, to get an understanding of Linux.

Hmm. satori bhenji or bhai ji

I dont see any one else who put up any sort of relevant article for noobies to linux/aka ppl who are new to it.

Besides grammar corrections, there's not much that's wrong with the guides, well the guy being from south india who wrote it still did a great job.

No one went one bit into explaining what to expect while doing the switch, its just not another x 86 OS like windows.

LOL...in case you missed it, thats what the articles are for.

baaki if you have some advanced pro linux guides that covers everything, besides the ones that are already listed on ubuntu forums....well, just save them for the elite ubuntu club...but i doubt u'll find many on here.

Do post some additional info for beginners if u have some which has not already been covered by the guide's, it might actually help clear questions that ppl have on here.

BTW, contact Darkstar and he'll be able to help enlighten any linux flaws that you think exist. Maybe some additional info can be updated on the guide...but I doubt it.

VJKK VJKF.

The adapter that i have on the board is the Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter.

and i used ubuntuforums.org where someone gave me this link which worked

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=839108

WJKK WJKF

Well, that driver still needs a lot of work put into, AFAIK, the 2.6.27 kernel has better support for the drivers, some have tested with the release candidate to check some functions, though, am not clear on all the information yet since I've not looked it up.

Hmm... those articles do not tell everything about Linux, nor does it cover the whole general aspect of it. But it's a guide nevertheless catered for some people, to get an understanding of Linux.

I dont see any one else who put up any sort of relevant article for noobies to linux/aka ppl who are new to it.

Well there are, lots in fact, based on different distros, and even more catered for different derivatives of a distro. However, not all happen to be in english.

Besides grammar corrections, there's not much that's wrong with the guides, well the guy being from south india who wrote it still did a great job.

Yes I noticed the grammar, though, that's not what I was talking about. And yes, I do agree he did a great job, I didn't deny that, his target audience were probably more than satisfied.

No one went one bit into explaining what to expect while doing the switch, its just not another x 86 OS like windows.

LOL...in case you missed it, thats what the articles are for.

Well if you're talking about other articles or guides on linux computing; they've several times indicated that it is indeed very different in various aspects of an Operating System.

baaki if you have some advanced pro linux guides that covers everything, besides the ones that are already listed on ubuntu forums....well, just save them for the elite ubuntu club...but i doubt u'll find many on here.

That covers everything? haha! now we need to write a book. :p People despite using linux now, still do not understand how it functions as an operating system, nor do they want to find out, and when they run into a problem because of their ignorance, well -- it's linux! -- clearly indication, that want everything spoon-fed to them. If the user wants to be spoon-fed, sorry, but linux isn't for you.

Do post some additional info for beginners if u have some which has not already been covered by the guide's, it might actually help clear questions that ppl have on here.

The information is everywhere, all you need to do is look for it. Do people really use search engines?

BTW, contact Darkstar and he'll be able to help enlighten any linux flaws that you think exist. Maybe some additional info can be updated on the guide...but I doubt it.

Like I said, it all comes down to which user or user group you're targeting. Once you really start to use linux, your definition of "newbie" is remarkably changed, and the information given to a newbie by someone in the late intermediate level to advanced level pass information, not in guides, but in critical thinking terms, cause this is what truly teaches the user about the linux environment.

Trust you me, no one REALLY (your real linux world) wants to know how linux is :6 ..actually no one really knows why its just not one or two simple distros, instead of every group trying to come up with something better..lmao..which is what they tried with ubuntu, but then there were kubuntu, xubuntu, edbuntu or who knows what ( leaving aside the tons of other distros that ppl never heard off)..... but naa its still too much of a hassle for most of the public which chose to stuck to windows.

As per your knowledge Im sure the guy who wrote knows a tad bit more than you would. Just guessing since he took the effort to write so many guides and share it with ppl. And the only place where you ..lol..portray your knowledge is on these posts.. :p

Anyways get in touch wid him, who knows you might learn something you didnt know. :D

Its funny how you have to explain that when you write: 'want to know everything about linux' and then saying 'It should answer most of your questions' on a regular sikhism site where very very few ppl know about linux,....that it actually means they should get some idea of what linux is and porting from windows is not that easy......by starting off with the basics, instead of just downloading and installing ubuntu and then going .. 'my screen is so small, and why aint my mp3 files playing?'..then they are shown guides that help them better understand what linux is--atleast some of it, since the normal unaware user just contemplate's on it being a windows like OS, since they never used anything as user friendly as windows.

And in NO way it means here 'this is the secret guide thread to master linux,', and I m pretty sure most of the ppl got it at the first read...except you satori ji..lmao :LOLz:

OOO..and one other thing...which user group do you THINKKK im targeting on this site...lmao.....some things are just too obvious, but some personalities miss that. I understand though. I understand.

Trust you me, no one REALLY (your real linux world) wants to know how linux is :6 ..actually no one really knows why its just not one or two simple distros, instead of every group trying to come up with something better..lmao..which is what they tried with ubuntu, but then there were kubuntu, xubuntu, edbuntu or who knows what ( leaving aside the tons of other distros that ppl never heard off)..... but naa its still too much of a hassle for most of the public which chose to stuck to windows.

...yeah, many people have wondered this, too. Wouldn't it be better if it was just one distro catering for all? But the fact is that people like their own tastes, and open source allows them to be creative with it. Companies with $$$ can then select a project to focus onto, bring a team together to get a market, be it mobile or general computing. A few companies are doing this already. I was designing a linux platform for Tech Faith, a mobile company based in china so I know how it works and what type of policies run regarding the platform.

Its funny how you have to explain that when you write: 'want to know everything about linux' and then saying 'It should answer most of your questions' on a regular sikhism site where very very few ppl know about linux,....that it actually means they should get some idea of what linux is and porting from windows is not that easy......by starting off with the basics, instead of just downloading and installing ubuntu and then going .. 'my screen is so small, and why aint my mp3 files playing?'..then they are shown guides that help them better understand what linux is--atleast some of it, since the normal unaware user just contemplate's on it being a windows like OS, since they never used anything as user friendly as windows.

dood! my mates daughter is 11/12 years and she can install debian from scratch! she even knows how to use the terminal than some so called newbs... you guys surprise me when ever i hear such... you play nexuiz? you should try her, she kicks butt, she fried me when i first played with her.

And in NO way it means here 'this is the secret guide thread to master linux,', and I m pretty sure most of the ppl got it at the first read...except you satori ji..lmao :LOLz:

nah nothing like that, the point was to break it down to get the reader to understand, that the best way to learn, is indeed play with it, not to expect how to use it, but use it!