Budha Dal's Stand On Vedaas

Those Singhs who wish to study them can study them, there is no restriction. Just the same as Taksal etc. (In fact, many Nihangs go to study at Taksal)

First Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is studied, then other Granths. The reason for this is so that the students can put everything in the context of Gurbani and see for themselves what agrees with Gurmat and what doesn't.

Individual chaunnis may have different systems, but the above is what I've been told.

Those Singhs who wish to study them can study them, there is no restriction. Just the same as Taksal etc. (In fact, many Nihangs go to study at Taksal)

First Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is studied, then other Granths. The reason for this is so that the students can put everything in the context of Gurbani and see for themselves what agrees with Gurmat and what doesn't.

Individual chaunnis may have different systems, but the above is what I've been told.

Great! Thanks for this post!

A lot of Taksalis use to study Vedas, according to studying Sanscriti and other old Granths of Indian Mytholgy and Dharam. I know one Taksali who is here in Germany and he started studying Urdu to learn how to write the Urdu Lippi. And further then he will try to study Farsi. And he is going to the Masjid to study that. It's very important for Sikhs to study that all. Singhs like Baba Deep Singh ji on that time had a lot of knowledge abt Arbi, Farsi, Sanscriti. It helps us to understand Guru Sahib ji better.

I think it's like if you want to study Punjabi, you have to read Waris Shah, Bhule Shaha and so on. Same as for Sanscrit. It's not wrong to study these things. Because I heard there is a lot of things which is good to know as well. Abt Healthy things. The Veedas are not a small Granth it's really Old and has a lot of knowledge. And as we keep to say Old is Gold... Maybe somebody can learn something as well.

Guru Gobind Singh ji send his Singh to Kanchi to study the Vedas and so on to teach others and now we have Guru ki Kanchi and we don't need to go to the Kanchi of the Hindus...