Quick Question

Jasbir Kaur using Bhajee Hardeesh Singh Jee's account

You know how in Gurbanee it says that 'through meditation.........'

does that 'meditation' necessarily mean doing meditiation as in Simran? or is doing Paat a form of Simran - if that makes sense?i just wanted to know is Simran and Paat two different approaches of Japping Naam - or are they both considered to be a form of meditation?

Thanks.

To amplify and corroborate that my friend Tube-light ji has stated above I give below the one line. One can do a small research and find out other 'tuk' as well. It is not the only tuk in the Granth sahib ji.

ਸਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਚੁ ਧੁਨਿ ਸਚੁ ਸਬਦੁ ਵੀਚਾਰਾ

True is the Bani of His Word, and True is the melody; True is contemplative meditation on the Word of the Shabad.

Thus meditation and practice of bani are the same. Finding out other logic one can see that we state : 'bani Nirankaar hi' .

Thus contemplating on Bani is same as meditation on Akaal Purukh as we are contemplating/meditating on bani. This is the reasoning that I used while learning. We all learn till we live it out.

WJKK WJKF

• With my tongue, I chant the Lord's Name; with my ears, I listen to the Ambrosial Word of His Shabad.

• Nanak is forever a sacrifice to those who meditate on the Supreme Lord God. ||1||

• <a name="l30597">
  • All concerns are false, except those of the One Lord.

• O Nanak, blessed are those, who are in love with their True Lord. ||2||

[ang 709]

I had posted the following in some other thread on 'Nam simran ..what is wrong'.

Utter the Naam and listen with your ears. It is one of the way that was advocated by Gyani Maskeen ji. I could get hold of similar lines and 'tuks' that I am sharing with you.

well said veer ji. I remember one katha where maskeen ji said when someone goes int sant avastha, naam simran happens automatically with every breath, they dont even have to make a conscious effort to do so. Such people must be truly blessed!!

I also do remember pravacahan of Maskeen ji . He emphasised on 'Jo ko Khavay..........bhunchay[forgive me for not quoting the exact 'tuk'] He stated that one should utter 'waheguru' with the tongue and listen with the ears. that is why ,he said, that it is stated that.:

'Akahan aukha prabh ka nau"

[again forgive ,if i am incorrect in 'tuk.] As a side note I do follow this i.e .uttering and trying to listen what has been uttered.

I have no knowledge if there is any specific prescription as to how to carry out 'Simran'. But i do like this method as has been advised by Maskeen ji.] Unquote

wjkk Wjkf