Man Shot In Neck Thought He Would Die

BiggChan

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/Man...ught.4673813.jp

Man shot in neck thought he would die

Lancashire Evening News

Date: 07 November 2008

By Peter O'Keeffe

A man blasted in the neck in a street shooting told a court that he thought he was going to die.

Dilbag Singh said he felt a massive impact after a shotgun was fired from close range at his neck.

"I was lying on the ground, struggling to breathe and gurgling," he said.

"Blood was pouring from my neck. I was sweating and genuinely thought I was going to die."

He added: "I wanted to get home to see my family before I died."

Mr Singh, 26, from Deepdale, was taken to the Royal Preston Hospital after being attacked in St Paul's Road on April 11 and 56 pellets were removed from his neck and upper body.

Giving evidence at Preston Crown Court, he disputed that he made or signed a statement to police in which the Crown alleges he named two men as his attackers.

Mr Singh claimed he had been "pressurised" by police into naming the defendants in the case, Kyle Parvez and Zainul James, as the gunman and accomplice.

He insisted to the court that he never named them and told defence counsel that he had known both men for some years and that there had never been "bad blood" between them.

The prosecution case is that the statement in which he named both men as the attackers was made by him and was the truth.

Mr Singh was shot near Moor Park and then beaten with a baseball bat as he lay on the ground. The jury has heard the attack was the result of a drugs gang war between men from Deepdale and Fishwick.

James, 18, of The Green, Ribbleton, and Parvez, 20, of Arnhem Road, Callon, both deny attempted murder.

They each further deny having a shotgun with intent to commit murder.

James alone denies arson being reckless as to whether the lives of residents in Manor House Lane were endangered.

He is alleged to have torched a Renault Clio car in which they allegedly arrived to carry out the attack. Following arrest, both men stated they had nothing to do with any shooting and James said he had never set fire to a car.

(Proceeding)

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/Drug-gang-feud-led-to.4670732.jp

Drug gang feud led to attack, court told

Date: 06 November 2008

By Peter O'Keeffe

Tensions between Preston drug gangs led to a man being shot in the neck at close range in an attempt to murder him, a jury has heard.

Dilbag Singh, 26, from Preston, suffered multiple gunshot wounds to the neck, but Preston Crown Court heard he survived.

He was taken to hospital, where consultants found a total of 56 pellets had penetrated his upper body, one lodging in the left lung.

It is alleged that two men, Kyle Parvez and Zainul James, were responsible. Prosecutor Katherine Blackwell told the court Parvez and James were members of a drugs gang in Fishwick, Preston, while Mr Singh had associations with another gang from the Deepdale area.

"By April of this year a certain amount of friction had developed between the two groups," she added.

Miss Blackwell said the prosecution's case was that the attempt to murder Mr Singh, on Friday April 11 on St Paul's Road, Deepdale, was in order to avenge the kidnapping of a close friend of the defendants earlier that day.

The defendants are alleged to have sought out Mr Singh because, although he had not taken part in the earlier kidnap, he was affiliated to those believed to have been involved.

The court heard Mr Singh at first told police he could not identify his attackers, but changed his statement five days later, naming James and Parvez.

"Perhaps understandably, he had just been shot, was lucky to be alive and was fearful of further such attacks either on himself or his family," said Miss Blackwell.

However, when he came into the witness box to give evidence to the trial Dilbag Singh told the jury he could not identify his attackers.

When it was put to him by prosecution counsel that he had named the defendants in his second statement to police he said he had been "pressurised" by officers.

"They put names there without my consent – they put names in the statement without my consent," he claimed.

The witness went on to claim the signature on the statement where he named the defendants as his attackers was not his.

Earlier, Miss Blackwell told the court that Parvez and James, along with two others who have not been identified, travelled to the scene of the shooting in a blue Renault Clio.

When they found Mr Singh, Miss Blackwell said, Parvez "stood within a matter of feet of Mr Dilbag Singh and discharged the weapon into his neck".

"While shot and in a state of shock, Zainul James attacked him as he lay on the floor with a baseball bat," she added.

The prosecution claims the car was dumped and torched on playing fields off Manor House Lane, Holme Slack.

James, 18, of The Green, Ribbleton and Parvez, 20, from Arnhem Road, Callon, each denies attempted murder. Both further deny possession of a firearm with intent to commit murder. James alone pleads not guilty to arson.

The trial is expected to last two weeks.

(Proceeding)

okay does anybody else think yeh and so .... have to stop myself am judging but this is what i was going to say

hes a guy involved in drugs ... he was supposedly involved in kiddnapping their freinds now i dont care about them or infact him but why keep using SINGH

no my opinion is that okay may b he is inocent, so did not desreve it....

hell get much worse if he deals in drugs when he meets the dharam raja

okay does anybody else think yeh and so .... have to stop myself am judging but this is what i was going to say

hes a guy involved in drugs ... he was supposedly involved in kiddnapping their freinds now i dont care about them or infact him but why keep using SINGH

no my opinion is that okay may b he is inocent, so did not desreve it....

hell get much worse if he deals in drugs when he meets the dharam raja

ignorance is bliss

(on your part)