Sikhism For The World

dhan_teri_sikhi

You will find Christian, Muslim, Jewish missionaries. Hinduism was known as a quiet religion but groups like Shiv Sena demand a total Hindu state in India. You will not find a Sikh missionary converting other people to the faith. The Sikh missionary societies only convert Sikhs into proper Sikhs.

The Sikh faith is loosing foot in Punjab, it's birth place. It has spread to many western countries. Non-stop attacks are taking place on Sikhism, in India the most. Muslims have answered these attacks by organising a conference, and then converting Hindus on the stage!

The Sikh faith is now deeply divided, the young generation is going astray. Gurmat camps have been hijacked by Jatha, Rag Mala, Dasam Granth debates. We as Sikhs have done nothing to bring the universal message of Guru Granth Sahib to the world.

1) The debates on Dasam Granth, Jhatka, Keski be put to an end.

2) Gurbani should be recited out loud everywhere.

3) Books preaching Sanatan Mat in Sikhism to be stopped.

4) All Deras, Sampradas, Jathas need to come under Akaal Takhat Sahib.

5) Sehajdhari system is old and out dated. A Mona can not be a Sikh.

6) Growing worrying trend is befriending the Turk, Sir Gum people (head and facial hair shaven off), alcoholics, people who do black magic. These are all low people and not to be trusted.

7) Ramgharia wedding halls to be shut down.

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh :pray:

Hope all is well.

Jee, I would like to firstly agree with the comments you have stated, but there is one however, which I believe needs questioning.

'Growing worrying trend is befriending the Turk, Sir Gum people (head and facial hair shaven off), alcoholics, people who do black magic. These are all low people and not to be trusted.' Isn't this judging Gods creation - who are our equals? Guroo jee has a reason for the whole world not to be sikh, and for only a small majority of souls to actually submit to his will and reach chardi kala and ultimately Jivaan Mukhti. Isn't it the role as a sikh to serve humanity, to put them before yourselves? To spread its beauty and ultimately aid those; regardless of gender, race, religion, socio-economic status and personal beliefs?

Sikhs shouldn't and musn't seperate from the general society no matter how 'wicked' some individuals may appear on the surface - just think, you could have been an alcoholic, mona or black magic practising person in a past life? There are many people in the world who need guidance, love, support and wisdom of the guroos sikhs, and surely we should be there to deliver it. By stating that we shouldn't associate those who cut their hair (who are the majority of the world) - in my eyes is totally wrong - for it is their personality and soul that makes them unique and great people.

Hope I haven't offended anyone, or stated something out of turn - this wasn't my intention.

Take Care,

Khalsa123 aka SikherOfTheNaam

6) Growing worrying trend is befriending the Turk, Sir Gum people (head and facial hair shaven off), alcoholics, people who do black magic. These are all low people and not to be trusted.

Differing opinions will always exist within the Panth. Thats part of any religious tradition. Small issues like these should not be number one.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU HERE!!!!!!!

These Radhasoami cults seem to be converting westerns the most. Honestly if you wanna stop these kind of publications you need a strong Sikh newspaper. Take the Singh Sabhas they fought aganst these Sanatan nutjobs a 100 years before are time. Has anyone seen any of there publications there so amazing. I have a book at home with all these publications in original print. Reading them gives me inspiration that we can make a difference. If you wanna challenge them write write and write!!!!!!

Akal Takht is definitely the temporal throne, but these cursed Akalis are the real ones hurting the panth Here some stats: Golden Temple gets more visitors than the Taj Mahal each year and all that money goes in the Akali Dal pockets people. We have the money to pay for missionaries but all they do is build Gurdwaras instead of making more Sikhs. Deras and everything if brought under control will bring only more revenue for Badal and family. lol

A person must become a Sikh from the inside. I ve seen way to many Sardars get drunk and do other negative things.

This sounds out there because we dont discriminate within the Sikh panth. Guru Nanak converted the Koda Rakshs(sorry if i spelled wrong) a cannibal and gave him the responsibility of reforming his tribe.

We dont have these in the states can really address this. lol

I like your concern for the faith, but your approach to the problem needs to be reworked.