Not Progressing In Sikhi

Guest murakh

Guest murakh

khalsa ji for the past couple of months i have been feeling like im getting away from sikhi and not being able to overcome kaam. Its just that i cant seem to be making any progress since it is becoming hard for me to concentrate on my sikhi and do paath coz my mind is always wandering off. There are weeks when i just listen to kirtan and everything else dosnt bother me but then i always seem to do the opposite for weeks like not spend any time doing paath.

khalsa ji can you please give me any advice since i know i want to progress in sikhi and but it seems as if something is not letting me( i hope that makes sense)...and im also kind of p*****of at myself that since being born the only thing i seem to have done in the last 20 years is keep kesh and not progress from there on.

any advice...

a simple technique to neutralize the body each day is to take up some form of physical activity. This way the body can exhert itself and rebalance when healing.

I feel that you need to do Saadh Sangat and Seva.

In the company of holy, one gets inspired.

By doing Seva, one can keep mind & body busy which makes one FIT.

Doing Saadh Sangat & Seva keeps one Happy-Healthy-Holy, all affairs get resolved and obstacles are removed.

Try and you will see !

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

Dear Bro / Sis,

Thanks for first of all addressing that you personally feel that you haven't progressed on the path of sikhi. By identifying this; you have progressed! :D - your sould yearns for Vaaheguroo, and thus you want to act upon it and know that each second is precious to you.

I'd like to firstly ask yourself 'Why haven't I progressed?' Apart from kaam and the other 4 vices, what do you believe has stopped you? Is it family and public opinion? Is it due to studies or there being other priorities in life? You must see jee, that whatever the concerns or obstacles are, they are simple that. Vaaheguroo has blessed you with being born into sikhi - by already obtaining the naam - which is a gift! Believe me.

If you were taken to the court of the lord now, how would you say justify your actions? This is what helps me. We need to get into a situation where there are no excuses, where we actually although live a life on earth - with family, friends, jobs - that we focus our attention upon the one who created us and simply love him - as that is what all religions aid us to do. Your desire to do paath is wicked! :D It shows that you soul is thirsty for it, but the enticement of maya is taking hold and stopping this.

I'd agree with the comment above in relaiton to excercise, as this does relieve stress, clears up emotions and release endorphins 'happy hormones' :lol:

What I also do suggest is though jee, is to do a sincere ardaas from the heart (although Vaaheguroo knows what your going to ask him anyway haha :p ) and ask him to provide the sustenance and the support of his name, that as Guruka Singh Jee stated once 'For the one who rotates this very earth can also handle your daily affairs'.

Sikhi is like a wave, one minute your up - feeling good, practising sikhi etc. and the next maya takes hold and you feel alone, depressed, and in a rut. By having total faith and love for God - you can gain your inner hearts desires. By his grace we can merge into his name, his light, his being - what a gift! The ultimate gift! No one has said it is meant to be easy!

I hope jee that through peserverance, love and humility - that by his will, your affairs are resolved, you gain the ignition inside to push forward, to increase your thirst and love for God, to hold onto the hem of his robe and to constantly feel uplifted.

I hope I haven't babbled, confused or offended you - as this wasn't my intention.

Take Care,

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh! :pray: