Ragi Darshan Chand To Open Gurduara

Guest Sikh Lehar

100 % right Singhballer ji

the Gujratis came together and raised 40 million dollars to build the Swaminarayan Mandir

politicians and everybody praised it, even the PM came, it was a huge celebration,

then you look at our community, can you imagine what would happen if 40 million dollars was up for grabs? How much money would disappear if these corrupt commitee walas were in charge of such a project.

Unfortunately management leaders in our community are far to small-minded and corrupt

and have no accountability to sangat or God to ever accomplish anything like that.

Dixie etc, can't even keep it's charitable status because funds are always being misappropraited and look what happened at Glidden with the golak scandal,

I guess we are just cursed to keep building these little factory and house gurdwaras

while our Hindu counterparts enjoy 40 million dollar mandirs in which to worship,

obviously money is not everything, if there were good sevadars you could have a great house gurdwara

but c'mon, look at the numbers of our community, are you telling me we can't even raise a few million dollars in a decade to build a half-descent Gurdwara?

look at Dixie, they make millions in donations a year and they're still on phase one of paving the dirt parking lot for the last quarter century,

what happened to the sports complex etc, they were building?

At this rate nothing will ever get accomplished, even Muslims have built some pretty descent mosques in the gta, are we as a community that petty that we can't take charge and build anything community oriented?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah,

Your right Valli Singh

Dixie has million dollars given the them annualy.. where does it go? They spent $800,000 on Lawyers for a court case. Until we Youth and we Canadian born Sikhs can do the Seva of running of Gurdwaras this will continue. My Grandfather's cousin was a Secretary at a Gurdwara.. I won't name which one. They would show less income to the Sangat than what they recieved and they would continue to ask Sangat for maya on different things they were doing. My Grandfather's cousin was very angry about this and confronted the committe members.. they said to him if he didn't like it he could leave. All these Gurdwaras nowadays run on the basis of Money.. theres no thought of spreading Sikhi. People who would go to such people like Hari Nam Singh Khalsa who were doing good parchaar of Sikhi and spreading vidya of Gurmat and Sangeet were told to come to the Gurdwara instead of him because he charged 10 dollars a month to teach Kirtan among other things. All these people stop going to this Singh and start going to the Gurdawara. Out of all those Kids who left.. close to none even learn at the Gurdwara.. so what was the point in that? Someone from another community who embraces the path of Sikhi and is doing good parchaar for youth is left with no one learning.. and everyone who did learn no longer learns from anyone. Why did he charge money? Because he had the place on rent and had to pay its monthly cost.. but what can I say.. Its the Indian born "sevadars" who just wont let this happen.

Makes me sick.