what i find hard about going gudwara

Why are you going looking for a Gurudwara everywhere like a 'mad lost child' trying to understand what people are preaching 2 u, when The Guru(s) have already put a 'Gurudwara' inside you ?

The Guru Granth Sahib

Page 180

The mind is the temple (Gurudwara), and the body is the fence built around it !

The Bible, 1 Corinthians 3:16-17

Know you not that, you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy, for the temple of God is holy, which you are...!"

The only reason you and those like you cannot 'see' the glory behind these words is because you let this happen:

The Guru Granth Sahib

Page 1096

In the one temple of the body are the five thieves, who continually misbehave !

The only time these five theives are put under 'your' control is when you sincerely, lovingly and in true prayer, ask The Great Almighty Lord through The Guru(s) prayers to forgive you for millions of sins you have committed, are committing and will commit till death do you part from the World.

>What prayer(s) are these ?

Here's one a made earlier for you and those like you:

" O'Lord, Creator Or The World, Universes And All, forgive, forgive, forgive.... my sins O' Lord. I've spent my entire life loving, chasing, collecting, desiring, hoarding and accumalating false wealth (money, gold, jewelry, assets and investments). I am but a Sinner, I awake with sin, live with sin, eat sin, think sin, make sin, love just sin and am carry loads of sins. Give me the sanctuary of your Divine Slaves O'Lord, who have the power to protect and keep me away from Sin. Here my humble prayer this once Master and please forgive, forgive, forgive...! "

And where does one make this prayer ?

In the temple of their mind !

:umm:

Guest SikhForLife

agreed.

gurudwara is for sangat too.

importance of sangat is mentioned

har har naam milai thriputhaasehi mil sungath gun purugaas

Obtaining the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, they are satisfied; joining the Sangat, the Blessed Congregation, their virtues shine forth. ||2|

page 10

maerae maadho jee suthusungath milae s thariaa

O my Dear Lord of souls, one who joins the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation, is saved.

ok right u know what thanx pplz. il think il just stick to the way i do it u know go gudwara n that. its al good. i don't want to get anymore confused il just do it my way. i think like some said to me on this site instead of asking others to much do ur own research n i think il do just that. i don't want to depend on others to much. il just depend on my God.

respec'

Original Post

you know what i go gudwara hunna and like most of the part i understand but you know i belive there's so much more that i aint got clu on what they are saying. like if the granthi is doing paath i ain't got clu in what he is saying n means. am i the only person finds this or any1 else feel the same? iv asked people to help me but like no1 exactly does. what should i do?

You now wrote..

ok right u know what thanx pplz. il think il just stick to the way i do it u know go gudwara n that. its al good. i don't want to get anymore confused il just do it my way. i think like some said to me on this site instead of asking others to much do ur own research n i think il do just that. i don't want to depend on others to much. il just depend on my God. And...can i add 1 more thing, u ppl didnt really answer my question proply read what i said and then read the replies. so i think il stick to doing it my way i think thats the best solution. but thanx anyways yeh no dis- respec' k

I wrote

Why are you going looking for a Gurudwara everywhere like a 'mad lost child' trying to understand what people are preaching 2 u, when The Guru(s) have already put a 'Gurudwara' inside you ? And....where does one make this prayer ?

In the temple of their mind !

What I really wanted you to say was:

il just depend on my God.

Bless You.........! :umm:

• 2 weeks later...
you know what i go gudwara hunna and like most of the part i understand but you know i belive there's so much more that i aint got clu on what they are saying. like if the granthi is doing paath i ain't got clu in what he is saying n means. am i the only person finds this or any1 else feel the same? iv asked people to help me but like no1 exactly does. what should i do?

U know what bhainji... its mostly everyone, not everyone knows EVERYTHING and everyone is out there to learn. And the best way to learn is with eachother from guru granth sahib ji.

You know... some gurdwaras are starting this projector/screen idea of putting shabads in english up... yes they finally doing it now (gurdwara in windsor i saw it, heard many more across .. dont know about uk and da us tongue.gif )

All the raensbai, samagams will also usually have it. But i think we should make a regular routine of having it up every morning and evening program.. whenever there is sangat there.

So i say.. lets educate some granthis at da gurdwara tongue.gif ... if we dont have time mite as we

ll... :wub:

IF U DO HAVE TIME... so why not all work in and make this possible... imagine how many teens/parents would be impressed. THINK ABOUT IT who reli comes to raensbais ? Gursikhs, amritdharis ? (MOSTLY)

Most of the sangat attends gurdwara once a week mostly sundays ! To get to them we gotta spread mesasge on those days :) ...

just my two cents ..........

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

gud ideas bout englisha nd stuf

but lets all try out best to learn gurmukhi

after all,t has the language all our bani, well, mos tof it is wittern in

learn gurmukhi, farsi, everything

we cant leave those and just switch to english

:wub:

bhul;a chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!